Lucy Carter Versus Lucy Ricardo

LittleRickyII

I must get the east coast Cozi feed because on my cable, Here's Lucy has the coveted time 4:30am slot.

HL opposite ILL.......If you have PIP,  maybe you could see the tasting scenes from "Vitameta" and "Polly Parker's Pickles" simultaneously.

It's like in the 73-74 season NBC's Monday Movie Yours Mine and Ours ran opposite Here's Lucy's Joan Rivers Jury Duty episode.

OR

Lucie Arnaz's NBC Made-for-TV Saturday Night Movie "Black Dahlia" opposite the underrated, under-appreciated "Lucy Gets Lucky".

One drawn out, clumsily staged scene (the chase) does not a bomb make!  Everyone says they prefer no laugh track,  but the absence of one in a show like this seems strange. Even single-camera higher-brow "Mash" had canned laughs.  I wish they'd shown the "Lucky" film to a liquored-up audience of invited guests in Lucy's presence and used that.

(I posted the following elsewhere, but....) Sometimes when they do transfers of old shows, they've lost the laugh track.  I don't know how that could happen. Maybe it's on a separate reel but several Hazel's are missing one.  But the strangest missing-laugh-track show is Antenna's recent Saturday morning addition "My Mother the Car".  At least the one episode I saw didn't have it.  "Car" is infamous more because of the sheer lunacy of  the premise and the even more ridiculous notion: that some NBC executive would add it to their schedule.  Because for that high-concept sitcom era, "Car" isn't all that bad.  Certainly better than the show that follows it on Antenna "It's About Time".

I must get the east coast Cozi feed because on my cable, Here's Lucy has the coveted time 4:30am slot.

HL opposite ILL.......If you have PIP,  maybe you could see the tasting scenes from "Vitameta" and "Polly Parker's Pickles" simultaneously.

It's like in the 73-74 season NBC's Monday Movie Yours Mine and Ours ran opposite Here's Lucy's Joan Rivers Jury Duty episode.

Antenna TV, in the 7:30 AM time slot (West Coast), they're airing Dennis the Menace.  Perhaps at some point everything will align and there will be a couple days where Gale Gordon's Mr. Wilson, Mr. Livermore and Harry Carter are all airing simultaneously.

One drawn out, clumsily staged scene (the chase) does not a bomb make!  Everyone says they prefer no laugh track,  but the absence of one in a show like this seems strange. Even single-camera higher-brow "Mash" had canned laughs.  I wish they'd shown the "Lucky" film to a liquored-up audience of invited guests in Lucy's presence and used that.

I saw a M*A*S*H documentary awhile back and they were claiming that the show's production folks (and I believe Alan Alda) did NOT want a laugh track for the show, but CBS insisted on it and made them put it in.

I've read that too.  And the compromise was they eliminated laughs in actual operation room scenes.  The only comedies I can recall without a laugh track up to that time were both on NBC:  "The Bill Cosby Show" (as PE teacher) and "Julia"--the latter not exactly an LOL comedy.

I saw a M*A*S*H documentary awhile back and they were claiming that the show's production folks (and I believe Alan Alda) did NOT want a laugh track for the show, but CBS insisted on it and made them put it in.

yesterday we had Lucy is a Bird sitter competing with Lucy Raise Chickens

Really?  What channel were you watching when you saw "Lucy Raises Chickens"?  MeTV here is currently airing S1 episodes of I Love Lucy, and yesterday it was "Lucy Is a Bird Sitter" versus "The Benefit." on MeTV. I figured they would be airing the same episode nationwide.  Today it was "Lucy and Chuck Connors Have a Surprise Slumber Party" on Cozi versus "The Amateur Hour" on MeTV.  So this was one of those rare occasions when the Here's Lucy episode is superior and wins the morning.

• Like 1

It was the Hallmark channel that was showing Lucy Raises Chickens. I actually don't get MeTV from 5 am to 8 am - all paid programming during that time -thru local and cable TV - we used to get it.

Ah, and I don't get the Hallmark Channel.  And I didn't even know Hallmark was still running I Love Lucy.  It's been a long time since it moved from TVLand to Hallmark.  Is Hallmark also running I Love Lucy at 7:30 AM?

When i used to watch mash on the bbc it had no laugh track. It comletely threw me recently when u watch a rerun with the laugh track. .. it seems there are 2 versions of the show out there

I've read that too. And the compromise was they eliminated laughs in actual operation room scenes. The only comedies I can recall without a laugh track up to that time were both on NBC: "The Bill Cosby Show" (as PE teacher) and "Julia"--the latter not exactly an LOL comedy.

• 1 year later...