Decades TV is all Lucille Ball today . . .

LittleRickyII

I don't get Decades, but don't they devote weekends to a marathon of a single show? Thy probably decided to schedule Lucy's tribute on the closest weekday to her birthday.

So what they've been saying today is "Lucille Ball was born THIS WEEK in 1911."  And by the way, why don't you get Decades?  It is broadcast in NYC.

So what they've been saying today is "Lucille Ball was born THIS WEEK in 1911." And by the way, why don't you get Decades? It is broadcast in NYC.

I have Time Warner Cable, which is the main cable company in NYC and, for some reason, they do not carry Decades. I hope they add it soon. We finally got the Buzzr channel recently.

I have Time Warner Cable, which is the main cable company in NYC and, for some reason, they do not carry Decades. I hope they add it soon. We finally got the Buzzr channel recently.

Then why don't you watch it over the air?  My cable company (AT&T) doesn't carry Decades, either.  It also doesn't carry Antenna TV, so I watch them both over the air.

Then why don't you watch it over the air?  My cable company (AT&T) doesn't carry Decades, either.  It also doesn't carry Antenna TV, so I watch them both over the air.

Maybe he doesn't have (or have access to) an OTA antenna?? I don't/can't get it either but then I don't live in LA anymore and for now anyway, have "cut the cord" and even with a decent indoor antenna I only pick up about a dozen stations where I live -- sadly half of them are en Espanol and are no good to me but I digress!!

I WISH I got all these cool newish cable channels showing all these great classic programs that Nick@Nite and later TVLand did so wonderfully in their early days!!  I had Antenna TV before I moved and loved it and miss it to this day.  Now I see there are several more like it, including Me-TV, COZI and others. 

Oh well....maybe when I move back.... Sigh. :mellow:

Maybe he doesn't have (or have access to) an OTA antenna?? I don't/can't get it either but then I don't live in LA anymore and for now anyway, have "cut the cord" and even with a decent indoor antenna I only pick up about a dozen stations where I live -- sadly half of them are en Espanol and are no good to me but I digress!!

Maybe, but he said he didn't watch it because his cable company doesn't carry it, which isn't actually a reason not to watch as it's broadcast OTA.  It's easy enough to get an OTA antenna.  I've got two televisions connected to them.  If he's right there in the city, he should be able to pick it up, even with an indoor antenna, because the transmitter is on the Empire State Building.

Born this week? How long did it take poor DeDe to get this kid out of her?

They said that because they did not air the Marathon on Saturday, August 6th (Lucy's Bday) they aired it on Friday. Sometimes they do that if they cant air a marathon or show about someone on their particular birthdate. Since Lucy's birthday was on a Saturday and they didn't air it on Saturday, they aired it the day before and that's why they say "this week".