New CBS Daytime Exhibit @ The Paley Center Beverly Hills CA

JoeySanJoaquin

promo-cbs-daytime-si.jpg

0cd520d4-91f0-40d3-9257-bf2c4c625211.gif

CBS Daytime Celebrates 30 Years at #1

October 12 to November 27, 2016, in Los Angeles
Wednesdays to Sundays 12:00 to 5:00 pm
Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.

Come experience a fan-tastic, interactive exhibit of one-of-a kind memorabilia and original set pieces from some of the most popular daytime shows of the last thirty years.

This special exhibit honors CBS’s five current shows—The Price Is Right, Let’s Make a Deal, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful, and The Talk—as well as legacy programs, including As the World Turns and Guiding Light.

CBS daytime television has hit an impressive milestone: it kicked off the 2016–2017 broadcast year celebrating its anniversary of #1 for the 30th consecutive year, one of the longest winning streaks in TV history!

For fans, this exhibit is an amazing collection of memories of some of the shows that have been favorites for generations.

TICKETS

FREE and open to the public. No advance ticketing.

The Paley Center for Media in Los Angeles
465 N. Beverly Drive, at S. Santa Monica Blvd.

More information about visiting the Paley Center in Los Angeles.

And let us not forgot that one snowy day in New York City, circa 1959, CBS's MORNING RERUN of I Love Lucy was the #1 show of the day, a Friday....and that INCLUDES THE EVENING'S PRIME TIME SCHEDULE. Source: oh impeachable Mr. Harry Carter.

Harry, I've forgotten was the "I Love Lucy" morning rerun the #1 of JUST THAT DAY? or the entire week? Still pretty impressive even if it was just #1 for the entire Friday network schedule.

Looks groovy!

Yes.  Posted this more as an "FYI" than any big interest I have in daytime TV; also, that daytime still is an integral part of -- and perhaps one of the last vestiges of "old time" network broadcast television, considering how much has changed on the landscape especially in the last few years, with the proliferation of DVR time shift recording, "binge watching" shows via streaming online, etc. etc.

Plus, The Paley is one of those places that always "does it right": They are a museum and repository for the ENTIRE history of broadcast media since it's inception, and boy some of the stuff they have in their archives -- a lot of which you're able to watch much like you would your neighborhood library, and if memory serves, you don't even have to be a member (admittedly, I haven't gone in awhile, this may have changed.)!

Their exhibits, based on past experience, are also usually nothing short of amazing: they've run the gamut from this one to one that featured Debbie Reynolds' movie costume collection -- and just a fraction of it at that -- BEFORE she put it up for auction and sold it off, a Warner Bros. tribute, and many many more.

My favorite part of The Paley are those "special events" and screenings that only they seem to be able to produce and do so well; thanks to this great venue, I've enjoyed the special screenings like seeing Lucy's guest shot in "The Greatest Show on Earth" -- on a movie screen! and the "debut" of the beautifully restored "Lucy in London" produced for the TLS DVD release; interview & performances by Lucie and Desi; and many one-on-one and panel interviews with Florence Henderson, Carol Burnett, and many others.  I'm still pinching myself!

So... if you're ever "in town" and find you have an extra day where you have at least 3 or 4 hours and nothing else to do, do yourself a favor and check out The Paley Center in LA.  I'm not familiar but I imagine the NYC location is just as enjoyable (I'm sure Jimmy here could chime in all about it!).

:desijr:

And let us not forgot that one snowy day in New York City, circa 1959, CBS's MORNING RERUN of I Love Lucy was the #1 show of the day, a Friday....and that INCLUDES THE EVENING'S PRIME TIME SCHEDULE. Source: oh impeachable Mr. Harry Carter.

Harry, I've forgotten was the "I Love Lucy" morning rerun the #1 of JUST THAT DAY? or the entire week? Still pretty impressive even if it was just #1 for the entire Friday network schedule.

It was the #1 show of the day and the third highest rated show of the week!

I'm all for encouraging people to visit the Paley Center!

• Like 1