The Desi Photo Thread

Brock

• 2 weeks later...

War Bond Rally.

1576.jpg

I guess the occassion explains the odd assortment of folks gathered!! Can't name 'em all but it appears to be (l to r) Mr. ??;  Joan Blondell; Miss ?? (that isn't Eleanor Roosevelt by any chance, is it??); Cary Grant; Miss ??; Charles Boyer; Mr. Arnaz and kneeling, Oliver Hardy & Stan Laurel. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Carole may not have written a book -- although that's one I'd love to read myself! -- but there IS a documentary about to come out about her & actor hubby Tom Troupe, produced and directed by the adorable and talented actor/artist Mason McCulley, who's also friends of the couple, about their lives and careers and I can't wait!!

Here's a description from the Facebook page about the doc:

Carole Cook, protege of Lucille Ball, and Tom Troupe, student of Uta Hagen and protege of Joseph Shidkraut, have each been in show business for over 50 years. Rubbing elbows with the likes of Ethel Merman, Rock Hudson and Clint Eastwood, they have appeared on Broadway, in films and on countless television shows over the past five decades. Their vast and colorful careers have thrived through the ebbs and flows of a fickle industry, yet it is in their devoted marriage that they find their starring roles.

Starring Carole Cook, Tom Troupe, Del Shores, Robert Osborne, Bruce Vilanch, David Galligan, Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey.

10010469_1432817483633837_13851308187824

https://www.facebook.com/CaroleandTom/info

Here's another Mason McCulley (busy boy!) project that Carole's been involved with, a web series called Break A Hip (!) with quite an impressive array of folks involved, including Oscar winner Octavia Spencer (The Help), Emmy winner Alison Janney (Mom; Masters & Johnson), Christina Pickles (St. Elsewhere) and a host of others. I haven't watched it yet but it looks hilarious....and with Carole appearing, how could it not be??

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/break-a-hip

1468556_621741461197600_1279620439_n.jpg