2017 Color I Love Lucy Christmas episode - The Fashion Show!

Luvsbway

I'm seeing from early CBS Holiday schedules that they have the annual color I Love Lucy episodes slated to air Friday, December 22 from 8-9p. I have not seen any word yet on what they are going to be. They are going to be also doing the colorized Dick Van Dyke shows again airing the same night from 9-10p. 

29 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

It would be nice to see a Connecticut episode done, as that's the only era from the show yet to be represented.  The Hollywood ones are getting a bit familiar - The Fashion Show and The Tour, though, would offer some more exciting visuals to see. 

Familiar to us, but not to the masses out there.  Non-Hollywood suggestion "The Operetta".   If we count Trump's "base" as part of the masses, maybe they should pick lines and scenes from the series and cobble together the episode "Ricky Gets Deported".   The eggs-in-blouse scene is hilarious but the rest of the episode is not GREAT.  In fact, while I enjoy all but one of two of the Connecticut shows, none are ILL at its very top.  I love "the Tour" except the ending.  It seemed like they ran a little short and had to fill the time with something.   Favorite lines from "Tour"

"....she wears nothing but black lace lingerie WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

and two from Ethel's phone call "Never mind what else is new" and "Stop saying 'Madame you've got the wrong number".

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Familiar to us, but not to the masses out there.  Non-Hollywood suggestion "The Operetta".   If we count Trump's "base" as part of the masses, maybe they should pick lines and scenes from the series and cobble together the episode "Ricky Gets Deported".   The eggs-in-blouse scene is hilarious but the rest of the episode is not GREAT.  In fact, while I enjoy all but one of two of the Connecticut shows, none are ILL at its very top.  I love "the Tour" except the ending.  It seemed like they ran a little short and had to fill the time with something.   Favorite lines from "Tour"

"....she wears nothing but black lace lingerie WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

and two from Ethel's phone call "Never mind what else is new" and "Stop saying 'Madame you've got the wrong number".

Sorry, I meant familiar as in "been there, done that." We're well acquainted with what the hotel room looks like in color now - a change of scenery for the next outing might be nice. I didn't mean familiar as in overly well-known episodes. 

I think Fashion Show and Tour are good candidates if they stick with the Hollywood theme, however, because they have more diverse visuals. The beautiful gowns and Hollywood location shots would look great in color, IMO. 

• Brock changed the title to 2017 Color I Love Lucy Christmas episode - The Fashion Show!
  • Brock pinned this topic

From Tom:

CBS will broadcast its annual I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL on Friday evening, December 22, at 8PM (ET/PT), this year including both the classic Christmas episode and “The Fashion Show” – a newly colorized version of the Hollywood based episode in which Lucy is just aching to own an original outfit from the Don Loper Salon. Designer Don Loper (seen in the photo below adjusting Lucy’s collar) and actress Sheila MacRae (later of “The Honeymooners” fame) portray themselves.

My thanks once again to CBS for allowing me to participate in the preparation of these colorful specials. It’s wonderful to see Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel back on network television entertaining millions.

13 hours ago, Brock said:

Those are great, Nertz. What shade did you go for with Pink Mink?

I only did these two. I was doing the star who was wearing pink mink but never finished it. Don't have that file any more. I tried Googling these dresses. There are many of his dresses on line but can't find these. :viv2: Well I guess it's back to Gimbels basement.

• Brock unpinned this topic