Lucy to be Inducted into the California Hall of Fame

HarryCarter

Ball, Plunkett, Spielberg head to California Hall of Fame
BY DAN SMITH
dssmith@sacbee.com✔
My feed
NOVEMBER 14, 2017 1:36 PM

Comedian Lucille Ball, former Oakland Raiders and Stanford University quarterback Jim Plunkett and moviemaker Steven Spielberg are among the latest class of California Hall of Fame inductees, Gov. Jerry Brown announced Tuesday.

Other inductees include:

Susan Desmond-Hellmann, bioscienist

Mabel McKay, Native American artist and activist

Mario J. Molina, Nobel Prize recipient and atmospheric chemist

Gary Snyder, poet

Michael Tilson Thomas, musician

Warren Winiarski, vintner

“These Californians represent the dynamic spirit and imagination that is the hallmark of the Golden State,” Brown said in a statement. “Their exceptional skill and craft enrich our culture and inspire us all.”

Brown and his wife, Anne Gust Brown, make the selections each year, a tradition begun 11 years ago by former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and first lady Maria Shriver. The current class will join 104 previous inductees.

The induction ceremony is set for the California Museum in Sacramento on Dec. 5.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article184600958.html#storylink=cpy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Very pleasing news to hear!

I'm in agreement about this being an overdue honor. Carol was inducted in 2009? No offense to Carol, but shouldn't the teacher go before the pupil? :lucyhehe:

I'm sure that Carol had two things going for her that led to her being included before Lucy: (1) she is still alive and could attend the ceremony and (2) she was actually raised in California. 

• Like 1