Drake and Josh Homage to "Job Switching"

RodMcK1

I'm feeling a bit of "deja vu"! marionstrong.gif

But the kids were pretty damned good with that. It brought to mind what that would look like were it done by others like the two girls in Absolutely Fabulous, with one of both of them always being drunk, it would be like combining Vitameatavegamin with Job Switching. Or how about Bette Midler and Cher, or as their alter egos Soph and Laverne? The odd couple Jack and Walter? The two gay guys from Modern Family? Joan Rivers and Kathy Griffin? John McCain and Tim Conway as the OLD MAN?

I found the two kids quite adept at comedy, they did not look like they were acting, they looked like they were the real deal.

I LOVE that idea! Soph and Laverne on the assembly line would be hilarious! Listen, I haven't seen many eps of this but I find Drake Bell especially one fine young comic actor.

He's also a very talented singer/songwriter who's put out a couple of very good pop albums and surprisingly, while geared to a young female audience (his demo, naturally), they're not dumbed down and actually quite mature and enjoyable. Look for 'em on Amazon, iTunes, etc.

Highly recommended. :D

I'm feeling a bit of "deja vu"! marionstrong.gif

In fairness to Rod...he suggested the link I posted in the other forum to this youtube be placed also in this video forum. He learned how to (successfully) do it here in this forum on his own. It was a great idea. Covering all ground. And I was credited for finding, and posting it. Thanks to Rod!! :wub:

And WHO are "Drake and Josh"?

Drake as in Alfred Drake otherwise known as Lucy's voice in her later years. And Josh as in when i make comments about gary, i merely josh. Seriously, two young stars of a show on a youth channel, but they're pretty good compared to some of their contemporaries.

Seriously, two young stars of a show on a youth channel, but they're pretty good compared to some of their contemporaries.

Agreed.

They also did a version of the curtain bit as done in "The Handcuffs" episode of ILL, "Lucy, the Music Lover" episode of TLS and "Lucy Meets the Burtons" episode of HL.

The scene is most similar to "Lucy, the Music Lover" as Drake is behind the curtain actually playing the guitar Josh is "playing" as Josh had lied about his ability to play guitar to impress a girl. I believe the episode is "First Crush," but I could not find this one on YouTube.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1294439295' post='5488]

I love the fact they called the corporation Ball & Vance Fish Corp! It's just sad to think that the kids that watch this show, might never see the original Job Switching episode.

I know, the DOOMED generation, weened on sarah palin and the jersey shore. christine o'donnell and the kardashians.

I know, the DOOMED generation, weened on sarah palin and the jersey shore. christine o'donnell and the kardashians.

Right?! I'm just glad I've been in love with classic television since a young age. I'm in high school and you have no idea how many people don't know I Love Lucy. It's sad. Really it is.

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1294795962' post='5705]

Right?! I'm just glad I've been in love with classic television since a young age. I'm in high school and you have no idea how many people don't know I Love Lucy. It's sad. Really it is.

Their loss. How about Charlie Chaplin in films, same thing!

Archived