The Brady Bunch

Nope, and I doubt it's accuracy. Lucy would already have been deep into evolving "The Lucy Show" into "Here's Lucy" at the time, and given her penchant for being the prime focus of all of her shows (and rightly so, of course), I can't fathom her entertaining for a moment her giving up the spotlight and sharing it with six rugrats, a gay husband, a wisecracking lesbian housekeeper and a shaggy dog!

Never would have happened, even if it was 'under consideration"! :vanda:

• Haha 2

Florence Henderson was a massive talent and deserves the street cred she got for playing Mrs. Brady, but I think that character would've been way beneath Lucy. It's been a long, long time since I've actually watched and episode of TBB, but for the life of me I can't remember a single time Carol Brady was given the opportunity to clown around. Granted, if Lucy had (somehow) ended up in the role, it probably would've been changed to suit her. 

In every iteration of "Lucy", the main character's name contains the letters "ar", (in reference to "Arnaz") so would that make it... The Bardy Bunch?

I would totally watch an LBP version of the show if it had the characters "Gale The Maid" and his girlfriend "Vanda The Butcher".

• Like 1

Carol Brady was originally supposed to be a funny character. Joyce Bulifant was cast and then at the very last minute Florence Henderson was brought in and it was decided to cast her. Then they decided to make Alice the funny one and hired Ann B. Davis. A major reason Eve Plumb was hired was because she looked like she could be Joyce's daughter. 

3 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Carol Brady was originally supposed to be a funny character. Joyce Bulifant was cast and then at the very last minute Florence Henderson was brought in and it was decided to cast her. Then they decided to make Alice the funny one and hired Ann B. Davis. A major reason Eve Plumb was hired was because she looked like she could be Joyce's daughter. 

Busty Ingels was offered the part too somewhere in there, not sure if it was pre or post being offered to Bulifant whom would have made it an entirely different show...and not necessarily better either (Joyce's charms have always escaped me, and I don't personally find anything particularly funny about her!).

Me thinks the way things worked out, with real-life good friends Florence and Shirley ending up as two of our most Fave TV Moms ever on two of the most successful, still running in reruns and popular "family" sitcoms ever aired, were meant to be.  Works for me! :HALKING:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

In every iteration of "Lucy", the main character's name contains the letters "ar", (in reference to "Arnaz") so would that make it... The Bardy Bunch?

I would totally watch an LBP version of the show if it had the characters "Gale The Maid" and his girlfriend "Vanda The Butcher".

You should head over to the "failed pilots" thread with that idea :) 

• Haha 1

I agree.  Maybe as original written Mrs Brady would have worked for Lucy but the final product is NO.  Carol is not the main or even secondary character.   Sometimes she has great lines sometimes she's just in the background filling the scenes.   I agree timewise this won't make sense either