Two Hours with Cleo!

Here is a fascinating, two hour(!) interview from 2001with Cleo Smith where she talks about life with Lucy. There's lots of information about the Celoron house, Warner Erikson, the Petersons, Johnny Devita, and so much more! I could listen to hours more. I would have loved to have heard much more about their Hollywood lives, although that too is covered in detail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Here is a fascinating, two hour(!) interview from 2001with Cleo Smith where she talks about life with Lucy. There's lots of information about the Celoron house, Warner Erikson, the Petersons, Johnny Devita, and so much more! I could listen to hours more. I would have loved to have heard much more about their Hollywood lives, although that too is covered in detail. 

Well I know what I'll be listening to when I can find 2 interrupted hours. I'm so looking forward to the Celoron stuff. I've heard some interesting stuff on what she shared with Mary back in 2005.

I got around to listening to this Saturday night and it was so good. I had to take notes as there were so many bits of info I never knew. They are what I call the puzzle pieces as they all fit in to a larger puzzle of Lucy's life. 

First bit of info was that DeDe met Ed at Webber Knapp. Well I had no idea what this was, so a quick Goggle search took me to their company website. As I'm reading the "Our History" section I find this:

"Sometime around 1915 Weber Knapp promoted its first woman to the position of Foreman/lady. She was in charge of the Scratch Brush Dept. and oversaw 8-10 other employees. As a side note during this time period, Mrs. Desiree (De De) Ball, whose daughter was the famous Lucille Ball, worked in this department at Weber Knapp and in 1918 married another employee, Edward Peterson after her first husband died."

Another bit of info with Ed answered a question I could never answer. I never knew when DeDe divorced Ed. Well apparently never was the answer, although Lucy told her mom she should since they were separated. He ended up dying before she could. 

• 1 month later...