Perfect Strangers / LWL

I had never knew Lucy have this show a great review and Mark and Bronson webt to a LWL taping.  However, I am loving watching the first and second season from 1986.  They combine physical comedy and warmth.    It reminds me of Mother of the Bride and Breaking Up Is Hard to do.  They have funny moments but are dramedy with a emotionally wonderful ending.  This makes me think LWL should have been given a better chance.   What do you think?

35 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

Is the Pope Catholic?:lucythrill:

I've never seen an episode of Perfect Strangers but will most certainly check it out, seeing as how it's available in full on Hulu. 

What? This show was a TGIF Friday night must watch for me in the late 80s early 90s. I loved it. Now we do the dance of joy. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, Freddie2 said:

Is the Pope Catholic?:lucythrill:

I've never seen an episode of Perfect Strangers but will most certainly check it out, seeing as how it's available in full on Hulu. 

Definitely check it out. It's basically the male-version of Laverne & Shirley  and of the early years of The Lucy Show. It is also was one earliest flagship shows of TGIF. Not to mention if it weren't for this show, there would be no Family Matters thus no Urkel.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Definitely check it out. It's basically the male-version of Laverne & Shirley  and of the early years of The Lucy Show. It is also was one earliest flagship shows of TGIF. Not to mention if it weren't for this show, there would be no Family Matters thus no Urkel.  

Thanks! I totally forgot that I made a note to watch the show- seven months ago! Heck, if it was good enough for Lucy, it's certainly good enough for me!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 7:09 PM, Luvsbway said:

What? This show was a TGIF Friday night must watch for me in the late 80s early 90s. I loved it. Now we do the dance of joy. 

AFTER it failed, the LWL 20-20 hindsight naysayers were saying one of the reason was Lucy's type of comedy was old-hat in the modern world of 1986.  I said OH POOH!  It's just that TV swallows up material so fast, there was nothing new left to do.   I saw a couple Perfect Strangers and at least they were TRYING.  And fairly successfully.