Lucie on The Rosie O'Donnell Show

1 hour ago, Freddie2 said:

Lucie is so charming! It's funny to hear her explain the concepts of CD-Rom and digitizing! Did they ever make more of these scrapbooks?

The CD-Rom is one of the best Lucy products ever produced and I wish it was still compatible with today's technology. Lucie said that the CD-Rom wasn't marketed right and they never did the other two volumes. I assume most of the post-1941 material ended up being used in the Lucy & Desi Scrapbook book, but the CD-Rom had interviews with Lucy and Desi, additional interviews from Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie, and excerpts from Lucy's audio recordings for her memoir. 

Yes, this was Lucie's second appearance on the show. I wish she had been on lots more because she and Rosie were such a good combination. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

How difficult is it to obtain a copy of the CD-ROM today? Are even used copies very expensive usually?

They ocassionly popup on eBay. Not sure of how much. If you do get one I put up some info here on how to change things on your computer to make it work. Basically it's screen resolution and finding an old QuickTime version.

38 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

They ocassionly popup on eBay. Not sure of how much. If you do get one I put up some info here on how to change things on your computer to make it work. Basically it's screen resolution and finding an old QuickTime version.

Thank you, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I love vintage software programs.

What is the official title? Is there a website with information on the release so I could know what to search for?

• 2 years later...
On 6/11/2021 at 2:55 PM, HarryCarter said:

Lucie’s first appearance with Rosie!

Unfortunately they cut out the hilarious moment where Rosie cursed on live TV. 

Ah, I remember when these originally aired. I think I still have both. Maybe I have the cut sware. 

On 6/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, JoeySoCal said:

She did?? I watched this religiously and don't remember the "indicent" at all!! Any idea context or what was said??? 

Rosie was excitedly talking about her love of They’re Playing Our Song and, after rattling off facts about the musical, she said, “Useless s— stuck in my head!” When she realized she cursed on live television, she said, “We just lost half the south.” Lucie responded, “Wait till I french kiss you and you’ll lose all of the south!,” which is what both Meat Loaf and Richard Simmons did to Rosie two days earlier. 

• Like 1

I never saw her show (for no particular reason) but Rosie sure was hot for a while, hosting Tonys and all.  Did she fall out of favor?  Did she have much of a career after this?  Without Rosie, would there be an "Ellen", I wonder?  Thought "your mother" was mentioned in reference to the Home Movies special, it's rare to see a Lucie interview (from those days anyway) where Lucille Ball is not mentioned by name.  

On 6/21/2021 at 3:36 PM, Neil said:

I never saw her show (for no particular reason) but Rosie sure was hot for a while, hosting Tonys and all.  Did she fall out of favor?  Did she have much of a career after this?  Without Rosie, would there be an "Ellen", I wonder?  Thought "your mother" was mentioned in reference to the Home Movies special, it's rare to see a Lucie interview (from those days anyway) where Lucille Ball is not mentioned by name.  

Funny you mention Ellen. Basically the stuff that came out about Ellen beIng terrible to staff and stuff is sort of what happened to Rosie. She was dubbed The Queen Of Nice or something like that but as her show was ending that name really wasn't true. 

On 6/23/2021 at 12:10 PM, Luvsbway said:

Funny you mention Ellen. Basically the stuff that came out about Ellen beIng terrible to staff and stuff is sort of what happened to Rosie. She was dubbed The Queen Of Nice or something like that but as her show was ending that name really wasn't true. 

I never quite understood where Ellen’s “queen of nice” image came from. Her standup had a lot of biting snark to it. 

It’s odd, but long running talk shows seem to hurt, rather than help, a celebrity’s image. I think it’s better they stick to acting or comedy. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 11:02 PM, Mot Morenzi said:

I never quite understood where Ellen’s “queen of nice” image came from. Her standup had a lot of biting snark to it. 

It’s odd, but long running talk shows seem to hurt, rather than help, a celebrity’s image. I think it’s better they stick to acting or comedy. 

Perhaps...but they probably would never have achieved the same big name recognition and certainly not the wealth they both attained by having such huge hit talk shows... near the end, Rosie had come out and seemed "over" doing her show, although in the minority I'd hoped that it would go on... but twerent meant to be.  Don't think she's done anything since to rival its popularity (correct me if I'm wrong).... as for Ellen ... naw...I'm not gonna go there... well, except to say I know what it's like to be a big fan lucky enough to attend a taping in person, and this thing she began two or three years ago of taking Friday's "off" and having a guest host in her place always struck me as so, so I dunno what the right word is, selfish? Somewhat arrogant? Too big for her britches??? Does she really think she achieved Johnny Carson-level popularity? Hmmm... All I know is if I'd waited MONTHS for tickets to be able to see my idol and Sean Hayes (whom I LOVE, just that he's the one that immediately comes to mind!) or Twitch (the dancer/DJ) came out and said they were taking her place that day, I would be CRUSHED! 

Or is it just me?? 😰