The Scent Of Lucy

mikidiki

The following suddenly crossed my mind "What did Lucy smell like? Did she wear a particular perfume all her life? What was her favourite scent?"

Does anyone know? Apart from Mais Oui of course :lucyhaha:

If someone knows and they still make it, I'll be buying it ASAP!

It apparently was called FLORIDA WATER. Like the idiot i can be when Lucy asked Lucie to bring her her Florida water, i thought she meant bottles of Florida WATER to drink while in the hospital BUT, apparently, it was some sort of perfume. Never heard of it till then.

OMG!!! You're not the only idiot then Claude! I also thought it was bottled water until now!!! I've never heard of Florida Water, I'll have to look it up.

Where does it say that Florida Water isn't made anymore??? http://www.lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm I have two bottles of Florida water that I got several years ago, or more, from The Vermont Country Store. So it is still available. You just have to shop around or use their site, ebay, etc. It's a very light, clean scent that would work for a man, as well as a woman--but I think they also made a men's version. Only problem with it is that it doesn't last very long after you've applied it.

Apparently it is an American version of Eau de Cologne. "Florida Water? Lucy hasn't used Florida Water since Diamond Jim Brady came to town!" :D

Eau de Cologne is a step down from the perfume. I've been using New York water, it says it comes from the East River, maybe that's why it took me so long to find someone.

Where does it say that Florida Water isn't made anymore??? http://www.lanman-and-kemp.com/florida.htm I have two bottles of Florida water that I got several years ago, or more, from The Vermont Country Store. So it is still available. You just have to shop around or use their site, ebay, etc. It's a very light, clean scent that would work for a man, as well as a woman--but I think they also made a men's version. Only problem with it is that it doesn't last very long after you've applied it.

Yeah, sorry, I meant to write that it's very hard to find. I tried to locate it on eBay and didn't have any luck. I honestly imagined Lucy to wear a very strong scent during her life eg. Chanel No. 5 or something like that. She musn't have been into scents much if she used something like Florida Water. Hopefully I can try to locate it, would love to know what it smells like.

Yeah, sorry, I meant to write that it's very hard to find. I tried to locate it on eBay and didn't have any luck. I honestly imagined Lucy to wear a very strong scent during her life eg. Chanel No. 5 or something like that. She musn't have been into scents much if she used something like Florida Water. Hopefully I can try to locate it, would love to know what it smells like.

You KNOW how she was, she wouldn't wear something just because it's famous, she'd wear somethinbg subdued, not overwhelming, fresh and not too powerful, i can see that. You're thinking too much of WATER from FLORIDA, it wasn't it was perfume. LOL!

Archived