Jerry Fogel has died

HarryCarter

Jerry Fogel, our last surviving star of The Mothers-in-Law, has died. He was 83. :( He also appeared on Here’s Lucy in The Carters Meet Frankie Avalon.

Jerry S. Fogel, 83, of Leawood, KS, passed away Monday, October 21, 2019 at the Kansas City Hospice House. Funeral services will be 10:30am Thursday, October 24, at The Louis Memorial Chapel, 6830 Troost Avenue, Kansas City, MO with burial to follow at Mt. Carmel Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to Kansas City Hospice House, Beth Shalom Synagogue or a charity of one's choice. Jerry was born January 17, 1936 in Rochester, NY the son of Max and Belle (Levy) Fogel. He attended Wesleyan University in Conn, where he was a member of Sigma Chi fraternity and in 2000 was named a Significant Sig. Jerry then attended West Point. His career started as a DJ in Rochester, NY and had a top rated show. He then worked in Hollywood from 1966 to 1980. Jerry appeared in Motion Pictures, TV and on stage. He co-starred on the Mothers-in-Law on NBC and the White Shadow on CBS. He also appeared in 3 movies. Coming to Kansas City from LA, he served as a co-host of a top rated, issues oriented talk program for more than 15 years. He was a member of the Kansas City FBI Citizens Academy, became the Chapter President and then rose to become National President. In 2015, he was honored with the 1 st Annual Jerry Fogel Community Service award by the FBI. He was also a director of the Harry S. Truman Good Neighbor foundation. Jerry was a 1 st Lt. in E Company in the NY National Guard. He was a member of Congregation Beth Shalom and the ROMEO's. Jerry was preceded in death by his parents and his sister, Harriet Lewis. He is survived by his wife, Sandy Fogel, sons and daughters-in-law: David Fogel (Melanie), Mark Fogel (Kathleen), Ross Fogel; stepson: Jon Millstein; step-daughter and husband: Linde Mitchell (Paul); brother-in-law: Dr. Ephraim Lewis; grandchildren: Madeline, Derek and Max Fogel and Mila Mitchell. The family wishes to thank all of Jerry's doctors and the Kansas City Hospice House for the kindness shown to him and his family.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/jerry-fogel-obituary?pid=194239168

• Sad 1

Sad news. Such a shame they're all gone now. I'm sure Kaye thought he was looking peaky and is feeding him up right now.

It's unfortunate Jerry wasn't interested in / available for interviews on the DVD set. I think he's talked about it in other local interviews available on YouTube, but it's a pity his memories couldn't have been preserved on the box set. 

"Coming to Kansas City from LA, he served as a co-host of a top rated, issues oriented talk program for more than 15 years"

I'm glad for him that he was able to have a successful post-hollywood career.   

I looked up Roger C Carmel.  Turns out the Cutes, Sr. was only 4 years older than Jr.   Wikipedia statement on Roger: "Officially, Carmel had a salary dispute with producer Desi Arnaz, although, according to rumors, he was fired because his drug use interfered with production."

Has anyone hear this one before? 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I looked up Roger C Carmel.  Turns out the Cutes, Sr. was only 4 years older than Jr.   Wikipedia statement on Roger: "Officially, Carmel had a salary dispute with producer Desi Arnaz, although, according to rumors, he was fired because his drug use interfered with production."

Has anyone hear this one before? 

Talking with another Lucy fan today they mentioned this drug use claim to me. First I heard of it.