Lucy Cosmetics

tropicjeff

I found this on line today, Lucy cosmetics!

When I say the name Lucille Ball, a very specific image probably enters your mind: ginger ringlets, pale complexion, big lashes, and bright red lips. This month, the iconic actress's signature look will be translated to a retro makeup collection by — you guessed it — Besamé Cosmetics. On June 25, you can snag up to seven products the brand says are exact matches to the makeup Ball wore back in her day.

Similar to the lipsticks, Lucy's Face Powder Compact is encased in gold with an etching of Ball. Inside you'll find a mattifying pressed powder you can use to set your makeup and blot oil throughout the day or night. Lastly, Lucy's Pencil Set contains two eyeliner pencils (a brown for the lash line and a white for the waterline) and a bright red lip pencil to match Love That Redhead.

Those who purchase the collection as a bundle (which costs $150) will be gifted two additional and exclusive products: an I Love Lucy tote bag and a set of false lashes the brand says "are based on the exact size, shape, and color that Lucille Ball wore."

The Besamé Cosmetics Lucille Ball Collection is available on June 25 from besamecosmetics.com.

https://www.allure.com/story/besame-cosmetics-lucille-ball-collection

• Like 1

I'm locked and loaded with my credit card waiting to buy this today. I'm splurging on the whole collection. 

I wish the image was more Lucy looking. They had so many Lucy artists to pick from. I don't know why they couldn't have found one to get a better likeness of Lucy. It's not like there aren't 1000s of photos of 1940s Lucy. 

• Like 1

This was a big launch. Not just Lucy fans. But the vintage community was big on this too. The red lipstick is already sold out, except in the complete set. I think in a week a lot will be gone. 

They had a glitch in the system at first and the complete set disappeared and went out of stock. Eventually worked everything out with customer service who got me all fixed up. This should look lovely displayed. The red gold packing looks classy. 

• Like 1