January 2021: MeTV drops I Love Lucy yet AGAIN!

Harrison

Beginning Monday, January 4th, 2021 I Love Lucy will be off of MeTV's line-up yet again but this time will be replaced by My Three Sons in order to make room for their "all-new" cartoon program called Toon in with Me. Meanwhile, Gilligan's Island will just move from it's weekday morning time-slot and return back to it's Sunday afternoon three-hour block thereby cancelling out the "Rock Around the Clock Block Party" Happy Days-Laverne & Shirley Block. Unfortunately, the sitcom casualties from these changes are I Love Lucy and its "modernized version" of the classic era, Laverne & Shirley. So this means MeTV will be totally Lucy-less AGAIN. And it lasted just for ONE year. And with Laverne & Shirley just seven months.

This should come as no surprise as it appears that MeTV has a love-hate relationship with I Love Lucy or with any show with Lucy period. The supposedly "#1 classic network of all television". So they say that is. Every time I Love Lucy returns you can sure bet that it will be just temporary meanwhile shows like Hogan's Heroes, The Andy Griffith Show, Carol Burnett & Friends/Carol Burnett Show, M*A*S*H, Leave it to Beaver, The Beverly Hillbillies, Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, Matlock, Bonanza, Saved By The Bell, etc. continue to air non-stop year after year despite being on MeTV for years. Such a disappointment.

There should be a classic tv station that shows all of these shows in their original format in high quality instead of filling up the entire screen cropping out some of the picture. It probably costs more to do that and not to compete with the dvd's I assume. I don't mind the shows edited for commercial reasons but my eyes are tired of blurry shows. I grew up watching these shows in horrible quality and it got better during the 90's as the picture quality got better. Well it's gone again. Light Tv shows theirs in good quality but the picture is sort of squished in a bit on my cable channel.