January 2021: CoziTV drops Here's Lucy (fourth Lucy TV Series) in favor of more Frasier

Harrison

Effective Sunday, January 3rd, 2021 CoziTV will be replacing Here's Lucy (Lucille Ball’s fourth Lucy TV Series) with more Frasier in the 4am hour.

Unfortunately, the love for Lucy obviously is not there for the start of the new year (after having a horrible one - go figure!). MeTV, The Hallmark Channel, CBS (for specifically the Christmas special) and now CoziTV have all decided to not air our favorite redhead, Lucille Ball. Not one, not just two, not even three BUT four --- all at once --- not airing our beloved Lucy. This obviously is a major punch in the gut to us Lucy fans. The new year is already starting off with a horrible start.

• Like 1

However... the complete "I Love Lucy" series DVD has probably never been more affordable and is highly recommended, same goes for "The Lucy Show"; while comparatively much higher priced, the still worthwhile investment of the "Here's Lucy" series, single seasons or complete series, also readily available and last but unfortunately least but still part of the filmed legacy, "Life With Lucy" while a little pricey for what you get, is well worth the investment, especially if you're a diehard Lucy fan like me and love the fact that her entire 4 self-titled TV series are (I lumped the Comedy Hours in with ILL since they do that for the Complete Series) available on home video.  Plus, last I checked (although admittedly it's been a minute), streaming services are still currently airing some of these shows:  CBS All Access has/had "ILL" and Hulu has/had available "ILL" and "TLS"; Amazon Prime, currently has "Here's Lucy" available as well as several of the post-"Here's Lucy" Lucille Ball Specials ("Lucy Phones the President", "Happy Anniversary and Goodbye"), which may not be the "creme de la creme" like "ILL" but are always a fun watch.  :HALKING:

On 12/23/2020 at 7:53 PM, Harrison said:

Effective Sunday, January 3rd, 2021 CoziTV will be replacing Here's Lucy with more Frasier in the 4am hour.

Unfortunately, the love for Lucy obviously is not there for the start of the new year (after having a horrible one - go figure!). MeTV, The Hallmark Channel, CBS (for specifically the Christmas special) and now CoziTV have all decided to not air our favorite redhead, Lucille Ball. Not one, not just two, not even three BUT four --- all at once --- not airing our beloved Lucy. This obviously is a major punch in the gut to us Lucy fans. The new year is already starting off with a horrible start.

Decades is now the only network airing ILL and the Lucy show, with the exception of Jewish Life TV that airs TLS twice a week and Retro TV air TLS at random. Will miss seeing HL, although  i didn't get to see it that often due to the fact that they were aired at 4am.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 9:53 PM, mickie said:

Decades is now the only network airing ILL and the Lucy show, with the exception of Jewish Life TV that airs TLS twice a week and Retro TV air TLS at random. Will miss seeing HL, although  i didn't get to see it that often due to the fact that they were aired at 4am.

Decades, for the most part, is the ONLY the network airing Lucy, PERIOD. And even with THAT channel it is still fairly new. I believe under half of the U.S. population gets it. I certainly don't. I will miss watching Here's Lucy on Cozi TV and the sad thing is ... I just got that channel last month. Hopefully they'll bring Here's Lucy back.

On 12/28/2020 at 2:17 AM, Harrison said:

Decades, for the most part, is the ONLY the network airing Lucy, PERIOD. And even with THAT channel it is still fairly new. I believe under half of the U.S. population gets it. I certainly don't. I will miss watching Here's Lucy on Cozi TV and the sad thing is ... I just got that channel last month. Hopefully they'll bring Here's Lucy back.

thats sad. Hopefully things will change since its the 70th anniversary of I Love Lucy. METV did a Lucy marathon for a few days. I think it was 100 episodes of 100 hours of Lucy shows for the 60th anniversary back in 2011.

"The Lucy Show" is currently airing on Z Living cable channel (see below), along with other well-worn classics, including "Beverly Hillbillies", "Ozzie & Harriet", "Petticoat Junction" and "Carol Burnett" among many others. :HALKING:

Z Living is a leading media brand devoted to showcasing the best healthy lifestyle and wellness programming and content across multiple media platforms, including TV, web, and an on-demand streaming service.  From over 50 series on food and fitness to health and life, we strive to offer the world’s largest line-up of first-run, original wellness programming, connecting viewers in a contemporary and accessible manner to the benefits and joys of living a healthy lifestyle. In the U.S., Z Living is available to Cablevision/Optimum (Channel 164), DISH Network (Channel 218), Verizon FiOS (Channel 162), RCN (Channel 226), CGI (Channel 142), and Comcast (Chicago, Channel 389) subscribers, and in San Diego and Atlanta. (Click here to find out if Z Living is near you!) Our Manifesto: We believe wellness has a new name – And it’s not just kale. It’s eastern philosophy, but western application. It’s for everyone: the young, old, active, and the uninspired. It’s yoga – but on a paddleboard. It’s vegan, paleo, raw, and organic. It’s taking 5,000 years of wellness wisdom and helping you apply it to your life right now. It’s us taking you to your happy place – with your mind, body, and soul.

https://www.zliving.com/about-us/

On 12/29/2020 at 3:04 PM, mickie said:

thats sad. Hopefully things will change since its the 70th anniversary of I Love Lucy. METV did a Lucy marathon for a few days. I think it was 100 episodes of 100 hours of Lucy shows for the 60th anniversary back in 2011.

It would be neat if MeTV did that as well as including all five Lucy TV Series in their next marathon (if they decide to have one) of a Lucy milestone birthday. Their previous one in 2011 - - - they just aired her first three series: I Love Lucy, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour and The Lucy Show. I guess MeTV didn’t have the rights to neither her fourth (Here’s Lucy) or fifth TV series (Life with Lucy) at the time.