The Jim Nabors Show

HarryCarter

Took a few episodes for a spin tonight. Lucie, 2 Monthy Hall episodes and the first one where Betty White didn't get to do much. 

I can see why this only lasted a season. Jim may be a fine singer but he's not a great interviewer. So they relied too heavily on the audience and dumb things with really uninteresting people. The lineup of celebrities was pretty good but I wanted more chat, the way Dinah did with multiple guests. A flow, they all shared stories and talked. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Jim Nabors" is a rather odd offering.  But there's hope we'll get a look at some other obscure series in the future. The market I lived in did not run "The Jim Nabors Talk Show".  My wishlist includes "Pete & Gladys" and "Glynis".   When CBS ran I Love Lucy in the morning from 1959 to 1966, they did edits to allow for more commercials.  The show was divided into 4 acts instead of 2.  When it was beamed, I'm wondering whether they still ran the 35mm film through a telecine device or whether the shows were transferred to 2" videotape, the only tape format available at the time (as far as I know).  CBS reran the 78 Pete & Gladys episodes for 2 years, mainly (I think) because they had ownership in the show.   All of their other daytime offerings over the years were prime time ratings hits. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 12:29 PM, Luvsbway said:

Sounds like Betty White's Pet Set is hitting streaming next month. I haven't heard what streaming service has it yet. 

Happily, it's coming out on DVD, too! (Sorry...still "old school" and while I stream more all the time, I still "prefer" DVDs for sitcoms and other media like this, so I'm looking forward to it!) :HALKING:

https://www.amazon.com/Betty-Whites-Pet-Set-Complete/dp/B08NZ3L2GQ/ref=asc_df_B08NZ3L2GQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=475795185305&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12736383003076474831&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032253&hvtargid=pla-1145295359640&psc=1

• Haha 1