Groovy Colour Home Movies

Brock

I just found this YouTube video of full colour home movies of various stars like Lucy, Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, etc:

Entitled "Lux Radio Rehearsals" I assume the bulk of these clips are from stars like Grant, Heston, Garland going into record... but Lucy (complete with ILL's Best Supporting Hat) and Louella look like their going to a wedding. (And 60s/70s Ginger seems to be thrown in completely at random. LOL)

I just found this YouTube video of full colour home movies of various stars like Lucy, Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, etc:

Entitled "Lux Radio Rehearsals" I assume the bulk of these clips are from stars like Grant, Heston, Garland going into record... but Lucy (complete with ILL's Best Supporting Hat) and Louella look like their going to a wedding. (And 60s/70s Ginger seems to be thrown in completely at random. LOL)

Wow, Heston USED TO look quite HOT. Ginger is obviously from decades after the others and what's the deal with Garland's eyebrows, was she ON something when she painted them on?

Wow, Heston USED TO look quite HOT. Ginger is obviously from decades after the others and what's the deal with Garland's eyebrows, was she ON something when she painted them on?

I was just about to comment what a hottie Heston was, but (AS USUAL)Claude beat me to it. I didn't recognize him with sun glasses on. Thought he might be Schwartznagger. Father Time doesn't affect ME because I'm an orphan, but he seems to get everybody else and aged Heston was no exception. Maybe it was Chuck's thick rug (plus his high profile right-wing politics) that made him so unappealing later. I've never seen a movie of his and had NO idea....

I wonder what year this was and WHO Lucy's driver was.

That Louella sure looks like a crabby old prune-face. I wonder what the stars REALLY thought of her and Hedda.

These are really great. The clearest and truest-colored candid films I've ever seen. is there MORE??

I was just about to comment what a hottie Heston was, but (AS USUAL)Claude beat me to it. I didn't recognize him with sun glasses on. Thought he might be Schwartznagger. Father Time doesn't affect ME because I'm an orphan, but he seems to get everybody else and aged Heston was no exception. Maybe it was Chuck's thick rug (plus his high profile right-wing politics) that made him so unappealing later. I've never seen a movie of his and had NO idea....

I wonder what year this was and WHO Lucy's driver was.

That Louella sure looks like a crabby old prune-face. I wonder what the stars REALLY thought of her and Hedda.

These are really great. The clearest and truest-colored candid films I've ever seen. is there MORE??

I do????? Sorry, then again, i drool over every hot guy from every generation so . . . .I despised that right wing gun toting conservative a**hole for decades so i was shocked also that he once looked so great.

• 9 months later...

This isn't in color, but I'm posting it here. Here is Lucy at the fourth anniversary of the Sands Hotel with Marlene Dietrich, Mitzi Gaynor, Esther Williams, Jack Entratter, Frank Sinatra, Danny Thomas, and Jerry Lewis.

Date, please; a MUST HAVE for the chronology; and who the heck was she with???? And....where the heck was Desi???? Just sayin............ JK

Lucy was with Sands manager Jack Entratter. I don't know where Desi was.

Sorry, I don't have I date. Here are some photo, though:

$(KGrHqEOKjEE5e2LQ8m!BOlbrT6rgg~~60_3.JPG

SANDSBIRTHDAY1956.jpg

Thanks, I shall try to 'research' the date; another question: in the picture with the five women and 2 men, who is talking to Lucille? Hedy LaMarr?? Thanks for this as well.

Regards, JK

Thanks, guy! I'm slipping; used to know ALL these older stars when I was a teen-ager; had volumes of pasted in photos - all gone now....I'd love to look through them again. Love, JK

I was really shocked that you did not recognize Loretta, Joyce, you seem to have entered my phase of memory lapses. You know, back when stars were REAL stars, and they could act and were interesting when interviewed and everything. THEM WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived