Is Lucy being forgotten?

tropicjeff

I was amazed at the numbers of younger (and even older) people commenting on Amazon's Ricardoes movie who said they had never seen I Love Lucy or didn't know who Lucy and Desi were. I guess the constant reruns of my youth aren't around anymore...and CBS isn't even doing the colorized Christmas anymore. This forum doesn't seem to be as active.  Yes there are some projects out there but sad to say Lucy and Desi seem to be passing into the past history.....  Any thoughts?   I hate to see that the Amazon movie will be all people know about my favorite couple...

• Like 1

Although I think is very necessary for I Love Lucy to be on a major streaming service with every episode included to get new, young people engaged, I don’t think Lucy is in danger of being forgotten. Lucy is a huge part of the culture right now. She’s being celebrated everywhere. In the past few months, we’ve had the SiriusXM pop up channel, TCM’s podcast and Star of the Month salute to Lucy, plus onscreen depictions in Being the Ricardos and Licorice Pizza. Soon we will have Amy Poehler’s Lucy and Desi documentary too. All of these projects are garnering major attention. I think Lucy’s in good shape right now. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The projects have gotten people to talk about Lucy again. I've had people bring up Lucy in conversation, without them knowing that I am fanatic.The projects have gotten people to talk about Lucy again. I've had people bring up Lucy in conversation, without them knowing that I am fanatic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joker10 said:

The projects have gotten people to talk about Lucy again. I've had people bring up Lucy in conversation, without them knowing that I am fanatic.The projects have gotten people to talk about Lucy again. I've had people bring up Lucy in conversation, without them knowing that I am fanatic.

Deja vu! :HALKING:

On 1/8/2022 at 2:43 PM, HarryCarter said:

Although I think is very necessary for I Love Lucy to be on a major streaming service with every episode included to get new, young people engaged, I don’t think Lucy is in danger of being forgotten. Lucy is a huge part of the culture right now. She’s being celebrated everywhere. In the past few months, we’ve had the SiriusXM pop up channel, TCM’s podcast and Star of the Month salute to Lucy, plus onscreen depictions in Being the Ricardos and Licorice Pizza. Soon we will have Amy Poehler’s Lucy and Desi documentary too. All of these projects are garnering major attention. I think Lucy’s in good shape right now. 

I've tried a few times to get to (see in a theater) "Pizza" but hasn't happened -- yet.  How is she/they/them referenced in that critically-lauded film?? Flatteringly, I hope! :HALKING: