New Lucy Merchandise

Mister Hepburn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend's in Toronto, but he's coming to town for my birthday and was walking the streets looking at stuff when he spotted this Lucy Desi doll combo, like Barbies he said, he looked for a price and there was none so he brought it all to the cash and the lady says, OH YES, THIS IS ON SALE, so he figures maybe a hundred bucks, she tells him, YES, IT'S ON SALE NOW FOR ONLY 795 DOLLARS. After they picked him up off the floor, he asked WHAT THE HELL WAS THE ORIGINAL PRICE AND ARE THEY MADE OF GOLD OR SOMETHING? She says, IT WAS A THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED or something like that. So he walked away and phoned me to tell me that he could not believe what Lucy memorabilia goes for nowadays.

My boyfriend's in Toronto, but he's coming to town for my birthday and was walking the streets looking at stuff when he spotted this Lucy Desi doll combo, like Barbies he said, he looked for a price and there was none so he brought it all to the cash and the lady says, OH YES, THIS IS ON SALE, so he figures maybe a hundred bucks, she tells him, YES, IT'S ON SALE NOW FOR ONLY 795 DOLLARS. After they picked him up off the floor, he asked WHAT THE HELL WAS THE ORIGINAL PRICE AND ARE THEY MADE OF GOLD OR SOMETHING? She says, IT WAS A THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED or something like that. So he walked away and phoned me to tell me that he could not believe what Lucy memorabilia goes for nowadays.

Does he remember the name of this shop? I want to investigate when I go into the city on Tuesday.

Does he remember the name of this shop? I want to investigate when I go into the city on Tuesday.

I'll try and get the name if he remembers it, but he joked that the guy asked what he was willing to pay and he said lessee, you want 799. i'll give you 7.99 so he says the Chienese owner practically threw him out of the store, LOL! This was hours later and Bogdan was still shaking his head in disbelief. Leave it for Stern, he can sell a few autographs and make the buy. :marionstrong:

He went back there today, not the store, the area, and he says it's called Morty's, maybe it's an offshoot of MORTON's and Susie is selling her Lucy memorabilia there, LOL! On Yonge street, he didn't think to look at the address. He says they sell souvenirs and T shirts, stuff like that.

Hi Joyce! I want to reply to your message as honestly as I can.

First of all, 59lucylane.com is doing very well. It started a year ago when a friend asked if she could use the house for an on-line store to sell Lucy merchandise. I thought it was a terrific idea, considering that the merchandise would be shipped in a very lovely way. Everything is wrapped, and your merchandise arrives like a gift. Plus, the prices are cheaper than the Lucy-Desi Center.

I want you to know, Joyce, that I have been very involved with the Center since Wyman was fired, and I am still not happy with all that remains. I know we have had our differences, but my best intentions were always for Lucy's legacy. I have failed to make a difference at the Lucy-Desi Center, and I can admit that, knowing that I have done everything in my power to help the very place that I donated over a million dollars to. There are still Ric cronies there, and the drama was still happening a year ago. That is how long I have been gone, and I decided to let a friend start 59lucylane.com.

Frankly, 59lucylane.com is doing amazing. We are planning a garage sale in August for Lucy's birthday, and we will be selling Lucy lilacs that are sprouts from the original lilacs that Lucy looked at as a child. Please stop by and get a lilac from me to you.

Mary Rapaport

Just might DO THAT! I remember you offered me a lilac bush many years ago now, and I forgot to pick it up that day....I've been thinking about IT ever since. Where I live NOW, a lilac bush would be a lovely addition. My place at Ellicott Shores, after 7 years of trying to get a new roof put on, and 20.5 years of residency - FELL IN from the roof down (NO WEATHER EVENT, as described by the Post-Journal!!!!) on June 4, 2010. I had moved out 4 days prior!!!! Five families were then 'displaced' within 72 hours, and the building was condemned!!!! Hoping all is well with you and yours....JK

• 1 month later...

I think this has to be the coolest Lucy thing I've seen in a while...more pictures on the Museum's site but more info on Cathy's, so I'm including links to both sites' listings.

http://shop.lucy-desi.com/storefront/productdetail.aspx?idproduct=20162

http://www.lucystore.com/catalog_i13180831.html?catId=272360

A bit pricy, but I think I'm gonna have to get one.

I think this has to be the coolest Lucy thing I've seen in a while...more pictures on the Museum's site but more info on Cathy's, so I'm including links to both sites' listings.

http://shop.lucy-desi.com/storefront/productdetail.aspx?idproduct=20162

http://www.lucystore.com/catalog_i13180831.html?catId=272360

A bit pricy, but I think I'm gonna have to get one.

Pricy? It's only a dollar, maybe they'll be selling it at dollar stores too, LOL! Is it a cookie jar or just a decoration?

The $1 is to 'reserve' one, the actual cost is $133. And it's just a decoration but look at how gorgeous it is!

I know and so agree, i was kidding about the dollar by the way, i saw one of them here in Montreal a few years ago and didn't buy it because of the excessive price but definitely would get it as i agree with you, it looks sensational. But the last thing i need is another bibelot brick a brack, i would have loved it as a cookie jar though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Be sure and check out different stores to get the lowest number of the car available. 59lucylane.com will have these cars and we can reserve the lowest number we have with no money down. Simply go to our web page and leave us a message. Our cars will be available at the end of November. Happy shopping... There will be 2500 cars made. Ask your favorite store what numbers they have:)

post-116-035125700 1318264748_thumb.jpg

Be sure and check out different stores to get the lowest number of the car available. 59lucylane.com will have these cars and we can reserve the lowest number we have with no money down. Simply go to our web page and leave us a message. Our cars will be available at the end of November. Happy shopping... There will be 2500 cars made. Ask your favorite store what numbers they have:)

post-116-035125700 1318264748_thumb.jpg

Is YOURS a cookie jar or just a decorative piece?

Claude, I got a catalogue the other day from a place called Betty's Attic & they have the cookie jar (in stock :D ) of the ILL gang in the car. It's $59.00

Here's a link to it:

http://www.bettysattic.com/product/i+love+lucy+road+trip+cookie+jar.do?search=basic&keyword=I+Love+Lucy+cookie+Jar&sortby=newArrivals&page=1

Why thank you, that was so considerate of you to supply the link and everything for me.

• 5 weeks later...

I am happy to announce that 59lucylane.com is going to receive the first 100 cars available! Reserve yours now by going to 59lucylane.com. The delivery is expected around the 14th of this month. Numbers are going quickly so go to our web page and send us a note to reserve a number for you. We are going in the order that we get emails. Low numbers under 3o are still available. What is your number under 100??

Why thank you, that was so considerate of you to supply the link and everything for me.

Archived