Comedy Is A Serious Business

Brock

So there were only TWO nominees?

Evidently Lucy singing an original song on TV is good luck for the composers (who might at first question their luck when they find out their song is to be sung by Lucille Ball). The clever "Leading Lady" from her Donnie and Marie appearance was also nominated.

NOT nominated: "Wingding", "Steamboat Bessie", "Main Street USA" the "Mai Oui" jingle---the first three probably before there was such a category as original song.

How about The Trousseau lying on the shelf since his surfboard came back by itself? That was a winner surely. Please include AND DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY in your reply, LOL!

Thanks for telling me about "Leading Lady" I love that song that LUcy performed and the little spoofs of Mae West and Ethel Merman she did. That was one of her best variety show guest appearances. IF you read Marie Osmond's biography I found a great mentioned how she learned a lot from Lucy about lightning, looking good, and cameras that she still uses in her shows. Donny also mentioned Lucy and how patient she was in the recording studio with him. They both had great respect for her and both are great singers though sometimes their comedy is a little corny for today's standards.

Thanks for telling me about "Leading Lady" I love that song that LUcy performed and the little spoofs of Mae West and Ethel Merman she did. That was one of her best variety show guest appearances. IF you read Marie Osmond's biography I found a great mentioned how she learned a lot from Lucy about lightning, looking good, and cameras that she still uses in her shows. Donny also mentioned Lucy and how patient she was in the recording studio with him. They both had great respect for her and both are great singers though sometimes their comedy is a little corny for today's standards.

Oh it's major corny but i like them both in spite of that. Marie features a LUCY doll in her famous doll collection that she hawks on those shows where you buy stuff. I agree that it was one of Lucy's best variety showcases along with Steve Lawrence and Dean Martin and maybe Flip Wilson and arol Burnett. Lucy taught Marie about LIGHTNING huh? Did she go into detail about thunderstorms too? :lucythrill::hlLOL:

Archived