Finally! Something we have all been waiting for!

I'm not gonna bother watching that but it is the answer to a dream come true, back when she was causing Lucy all that hubris with her pregnancy and Desi jr not really being the father after all, i often wished she'd be blasted into space. :lucydisgust::lucythrill:

I'm not gonna bother watching that but it is the answer to a dream come true, back when she was causing Lucy all that hubris with her pregnancy and Desi jr not really being the after after all, i often wished she'd be blasted into space. :lucydisgust::lucythrill:

Wow! She's still got that "Patty Lane" voice, hasn't she?

And come off it, Claude! If circumstances had been different in 1971 and it was YOU who had a chance with 18-year-old Desi, Jr., you wouldn't have thought twice about whether it raised Lucy's dander or not! And think of the fan-mag headlines covering THAT scandal: "Canadian Cad Claude Carrying Comedy Queen's Grandchild" or "Lucy Cries to Desi, Jr.: 'This is worse than your father and Caesar Romero!'"

Wow! She's still got that "Patty Lane" voice, hasn't she?

And come off it, Claude! If circumstances had been different in 1971 and it was YOU who had a chance with 18-year-old Desi, Jr., you wouldn't have thought twice about whether it raised Lucy's dander or not! And think of the fan-mag headlines covering THAT scandal: "Canadian Cad Claude Carrying Comedy Queen's Grandchild" or "Lucy Cries to Desi, Jr.: 'This is worse than your father and Caesar Romero!'"

Ok, sometimes your comedy is hilarious but other times it hits just a mite too close to home, LOL! I know, think about it, i was 21 and he was 17, had lost all the baby fat, was tanned and fit, i could have been the one in that guest house behind the BIG house on Roxbury, BUT, i had no Emmy or Oscar to receive and thank him in my acceptance speeches. Like Patty did for her Emmy and Liza did for her Oscar. I did get a certificate for a Telemarketing course i took one time, coulda thanked him for THAT! :desijr::lol:

Ok, sometimes your comedy is hilarious but other times it hits just a mite too close to home, LOL! I know, think about it, i was 21 and he was 17, had lost all the baby fat, was tanned and fit, i could have been the one in that guest house behind the BIG house on Roxbury, BUT, i had no Emmy or Oscar to receive and thank him in my acceptance speeches. Like Patty did for her Emmy and Liza did for her Oscar. I did get a certificate for a Telemarketing course i took one time, coulda thanked him for THAT! :desijr::lol:

Patty did not thank him in her acceptance "speech" - at least by not by name (for which he should be grateful!)

Actually, neither did Liza.

I want Patty to do her next social security commercial in her Neely O'Hara characterization. :D

Patty did not thank him in her acceptance "speech" (for which he should be grateful!)

Actually, neither did Liza.

I want Patty to do her next social security commercial in her Neely O'Hara characterization. :D

But he was in the audience for both and Patty in her D A Z E looked at him adoringly, you're right, neither thanked him like Kirstie Alley once thanked HER husband for giving her THE BIG ONE one time, remember that? Her exact words too! Lucy's old Password partner got that by the FCC! Speaking of Neely O'Hara, i have been wanting to find that damned movie on dvd for so long, just refused to pay almost fifty bucks they wanted for it here, Valley of the Dolls, which by the way would have starred Lucy in the Susan Hayward role when they fired Judy Garland, but Lucy would NEVER allow a co star to flush her wig down the toilet after grabbing it from her head like Sue did. :marionstrong:

Are you talking about YOU or Desi, Jr?

Smart ass, HE lost the baby fat, he was pudgy as a kid and teen, i was always a skinny marink, HE was tanned and fit when he was seventeen, i was a twenty one year old skinny marink who could not have attracted Charles Laughton, let alone Desi Arnaz jr.

• 3 years later...

Too bad Patty Duke was never a guest on Here's Lucy, but Lucy wouldn't have been one to capitalize on the publicity.

but consider this plot:

"No More Dating Doubles"   Lucy hires a British tutor (PD as Cathy Lane) to help Craig with his studies.  Craig becomes smitten but Lucy trusts the prim and proper Cathy.  However, when Lucy sees a very pregnant, loutish woman losing control at a hot dog stand who she thinks is Cathy ( actually Cathy's cousin: PD as Patty),  she flips out: assuming of course that Craig and Cathy have been studying biology using the 'show and tell' method.   Mr. Cresent/Martin Lane: William Schallert

Note: in the Here's Lucy world of conclusion yumping, it's not ILLogical to assume that someone heretofore not pregnant can have a baby in the next scene.

Archived