THE BALLOONISTS--Lucille Ball on the Danny Kaye Show--1964

Unlike the 1962 Danny Kaye special that Lucy did for NBC that was filmed in color, this episode of Danny's CBS series was done in black and white. Unless there's some still photos in color floating around out there, we won't see it in color.

hey Joey why did you roll your eyes at me? :lucysmirk: because its a balloon video and I love balloons?

Always, a brilliant entertainer, but an aquired taste for sure. He did bring lots of CLASS to his tv specisla though. Did you know he had an affair for many years with Laurence Olivier een though both were married to women?

No! I never knew that! Thanks for that info though :)

No, we were joking, but i hear that's the way it goes in Ellen's lesbian dreams though.

And in the dreams of Arrested Development.

Case In Point: Dr. Tobias Funke walks into a drag queen supply store and requests an "Eve Arden" wig. ;)

And in the dreams of Arrested Development.

Case In Point: Dr. Tobias Funke walks into a drag queen supply store and requests an "Eve Arden" wig. ;)

Funny you should mention that, i have been seriously looking at men's toupees lately as my bald spot expands for a wider audience and at the flea market they had a blonde Eve Arden "do" that i considered as it was affordable. But blonde was out of the question, i think i need a small brown Yarmukel instead. :marionstrong:

I think you should invest in a Rastafarian hat with built-in dreadlocks. After all, you don't want to look conspicuous. :lucythrill:

Funny you should say that also, i've started wearing my EASTER hat inside, it's just that it's been really cold lately, can't afford to put on the heat so i wear the hat INSIDE, it's really nice and warm, LOL! Maybe that's the reason Whoppie's hair in her eyes annoys me so, at least she's GOT hair on her forehead to sweep away every two minutes. :lucydisgust:

I guess it makes up for her complete lack of eyebrows.

Funny, i never even noticed that till you brought it up HERE. Maybe that's the main reason she always loved Lucy, she envied her painting HERS on. Maybe she could cut those two damned things off and glue them on as eyebrows? I just read a comment by somebody putting down Ted Danson saying he'd date anybody as he had dated The Whoopster, thought that was kinda mean. :lucyhorror:

Archived