Outfits Lucy wore on I Love Lucy

Did she have to wear outfits that were mostly mute colors so it would come out better on tape? I heard that her dress in the final scene of "Lucy is Enciente" was gray. But I saw it on a special Barbie Doll and it was turquoise/teal. I'd like to see some photos.

The "Lucy Is Enciente" dress was actually brown. There is at least one color photo of it out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I recommend The I Love Lucy Paper Doll Book, which has color photos of some of Lucy's clothes and fantastic illustrations of some of Lucy's more famous outfits done by Rick Carl.

Chester, on one of The Lucy Show bonus features, there is an interview with Carole Cook. (Sorry, I don't remember for sure which Season, but I think it was the first one). In it, she tells about Lucy giving her several dresses, including the infamous "Lucy is Enciente" dress. It WAS brown (which surprised me, too!), & while she is talking about it there are pictures shown in the background of her wearing the dress.

Chester, on one of The Lucy Show bonus features, there is an interview with Carole Cook. (Sorry, I don't remember for sure which Season, but I think it was the first one). In it, she tells about Lucy giving her several dresses, including the infamous "Lucy is Enciente" dress. It WAS brown (which surprised me, too!), & while she is talking about it there are pictures shown in the background of her wearing the dress.

so I'm guessing that they just made the Barbie Doll dress green so it would look nicer.

I'm also pretty sure that striped sweater she wore in "Visitor from Italy" was red white and green.

• 1 month later...

YOU know, speaking of outfits Lucy Ricardo wore, I would like to say in my opinion, she looked the chicest and classiest when Elois Jennsen (sp?) designed her wardrobe! Elois also did Miss Ball's costumes for "Forever Darling" and I really don't care for Edward Stevenson's contribution at all. I don't know why we didn't hang on to Elois.. I guess money.. but that designer and Miss Ball were a firecracker combination! If anyone has any insight to this I sure would like to read about it! AND by far one of my favorite outfits it the one she wears in Hollywood: "What room is my husband in?!" ... "423"... "Thank you!" ... "See?".. THAT high collar and split skirt with the floral pattern in the middle and those satin shinny pants is a very nice outfit! I think the dress is seen again at the breakfast table when Little Ricky is tapping his spoon and Lucy and Ricky debate wheater he should be a wealthy distinguished doctor or a crummy out of work drummer!

YOU know, speaking of outfits Lucy Ricardo wore, I would like to say in my opinion, she looked the chicest and classiest when Elois Jennsen (sp?) designed her wardrobe! Elois also did Miss Ball's costumes for "Forever Darling" and I really don't care for Edward Stevenson's contribution at all. I don't know why we didn't hang on to Elois.. I guess money.. but that designer and Miss Ball were a firecracker combination! If anyone has any insight to this I sure would like to read about it! AND by far one of my favorite outfits it the one she wears in Hollywood: "What room is my husband in?!" ... "423"... "Thank you!" ... "See?".. THAT high collar and split skirt with the floral pattern in the middle and those satin shinny pants is a very nice outfit! I think the dress is seen again at the breakfast table when Little Ricky is tapping his spoon and Lucy and Ricky debate wheater he should be a wealthy distinguished doctor or a crummy out of work drummer!

Also a similar outfit is featured in "Forever Darling".. I don't know if it is the same one as in I LOVE LUCY.. but it is the same style.. and it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same dress!!! Since we recycle everything.. Wasn't her "hillbilly" getup from Season 1 of I LOVE LUCY.. "OH BOY MA THIS IS FUN!!" the same getup she wore when she was "Mrs. Mooney" in the Tenessee Ernie Ford episode of THE LUCY SHOW??? C'mon.. I know somebody out there knows the facts... I just watch this stuff all the time and pick up on these things!

Also a similar outfit is featured in "Forever Darling".. I don't know if it is the same one as in I LOVE LUCY.. but it is the same style.. and it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same dress!!! Since we recycle everything.. Wasn't her "hillbilly" getup from Season 1 of I LOVE LUCY.. "OH BOY MA THIS IS FUN!!" the same getup she wore when she was "Mrs. Mooney" in the Tenessee Ernie Ford episode of THE LUCY SHOW??? C'mon.. I know somebody out there knows the facts... I just watch this stuff all the time and pick up on these things!

The outfit with the floral pattern in the middle worn on ILL and FD were the same style but two separate dresses. The one on ILL was white while the FD one was yellow.

I read that Lucy liked that dress and had Elois make one for the film. Something like that.

The outfit with the floral pattern in the middle worn on ILL and FD were the same style but two separate dresses. The one on ILL was white while the FD one was yellow.

I read that Lucy liked that dress and had Elois make one for the film. Something like that.

Thank you for taking the time to set me straight! (like that's possible!)

Thank you for taking the time to set me straight! (like that's possible!)

Hey, you're preaching to the choir here baby, i thought Lucy wore the same outfits she had worn on ILL in the movie Forever Darling, to save time and money, she was always doing that in her work, like when she wore her own clothes for the movie Yours mine and ours.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived