R.I.P 26/4/89-26/4/11

mikidiki

I thought you were losing it for a minute until my brain came out of sleep mode and realised where you were. LOL

R.I.P. Loosil!

The stinker gets to celebrate EVERYTHING before US. First New Year's, then this and then Lucy's 100th birthday on top of all that. :lucythrill: I insist on starting my very own LUCY tribute tomorrow though and he's not getting THAT thread, :lucythrill::lucythrill:

He also gets to watch the Royal Wedding live and in prime time! <_<

Oh yeah, didn't even think of that, we have to get up at 3 in the morning and he gets it in PRIME TIME. I will probably just watch the recaps the next evening, it'll be on everywhere till we're sick of it anyway, only a true Monarchist like YOU HAS to see it LIVE, LOL! Watched the Diana BIO last night so i'm back to hating all of them anyway, well, not her kids so . . .

One of those days you never forget. :(

Unfortunately, YES, i start at the beginning of the month dreading the horrible 26th. At least it wasn't the 19th which was her lucky number, but seeing as she went into the hospital a week earlier, that must have been the nineteenth. :lucydisgust:

Unfortunately, YES, i start at the beginning of the month dreading the horrible 26th. At least it wasn't the 19th which was her lucky number, but seeing as she went into the hospital a week earlier, that must have been the nineteenth. :lucydisgust:

She went into the hospital on the 18th, so she was there on the 19th.

She went into the hospital on the 18th, so she was there on the 19th.

But her luck was still with her then, the opration went perfectly, they got a donor, she survived the operation which went on for hours and every day after that she kept getting stronger and better . . .until the morning of the 26th when the aorta burst at another location and according to the docs there had nothing to do with the operation she went through.

But her luck was still with her then, the opration went perfectly, they got a donor, she survived the operation which went on for hours and every day after that she kept getting stronger and better . . .until the morning of the 26th when the aorta burst at another location and according to the docs there had nothing to do with the operation she went through.

Yeah, I just think that her heart muscle in general was unfortunately very weak and she must have made a bad movement or something whilst she was asleep which caused a tear in her aorta muscle. Unfortunately due to her lifestyle eg. smoking etc., this put a big strain on her heart and it had been weakened over the years. I don't even think she realised what had happened, I think she would have just passed out as soon as it happened :(

It is very sad to think about Lucy's last few days and what she went through so suddenly.

To this day I believe Lucy died way before her time.

But "we all have to some time unless you know something the rest of us DUNT??"

Yes, it was much too soon but we can all blame cigarettes for that. She took good care of herself otherwise, eating right and always exercising, except for those long hours of sitting at a table playing stupid games of course. She had a stroke a year before she passed on so she did get a warning, and was depressed that she could no longer work as much, couldn't do anything she really enjoyed and always had this five year plan to die at some point as she really had not much reason to live. The funny thing is she talks about this on a Joan Rivers interview and she did actaully die five years after saying that. Problem was she lived for WORK and they did not want an old lady working back then, when she was dying of course they suddenly realized they wanted her but it was too late by then. The one good thing is that at least she died KNOWING how much she was loved as that banner at the Hard Rock Cafe that she could see from her hotel room stated, WE LOVE YOU, LUCY and so many phone calls, and flowers inundating the hospital that jammed their switchboard and the flowers sent to other hospitals to be given to strangers, cards and letters by the hundreds, testimonials from everywhere, so at least she died happy.

Yes, it was much too soon but we can all blame cigarettes for that. She took good care of herself otherwise, eating right and always exercising, except for those long hours of sitting at a stupid table playing games of course. She had a stroke a year before she passed on so she did get a warning, and was depressed that she could no longer work as much, couldn't do anything she really enjoyed and always had this five year plan to die at some point as she really had not much reason to live. The funny thing is she talks about this on a Joan Rivers interview and she did actaully die five years after saying that. Problem was she lived for WORK and they did not want an old lady working back then, when she was dying of course they suddenly realized they wanted her but it was too late by then. The one good thing is that at least she died KNOWING how much she was loved as that banner at teh Hard Rock Cafe that she could see from her hotel room stated, WE LOVE YOU, LUCY and so many phone calls, and flowers inundating the hospital that jammed their switchboard and the flowers sent to other hospitals to be given to strangers, cards and letters by the hundreds, testimonails from everywhere, so at least she died happy.

Very true Claude, at least she died knowing she was loved!

Archived