TCM Salutes Lucy August 6

Shemp

Great news, but I wish they focused on rarer films, or at least ones not already on DVD! I'm just glad they're re-running Panama Lady. My copy is TERRIBLE!

Or at least show the movies that are on DVD at awkward times and show the rarer movies when people are actually awake.

Excited for Miss Grant Takes Richmond, always a favorite of mine!

Alright.. I'll say it.. WHAT THE HELL??? YOU would think YOUR'S MINE AND OURS and MAME would have made the list.. I mean... how many times do you turn 100???? And for fun.. why not ROMAN SCANDALS or HAVING WONDERFULL TIME or LOVER COME BACK??? or TOO MANY GIRLS (very significant!) The choices TCM will play make me think..WHAT a BORE!! Shoot.. I can watch most of the TCM pix anytime I want too (I have most of them on DVD)... Panama Lady and both Annabell pictures.. along with Miss Grant and Fuller Brush are good choices.. but who the hell do they think are gonna tune in?? Twentysomethings??? C'mon!! Well.. reguardless.. Happy Birthday Lucille!!! YOU are always gonna be my favorite.. MY VERY FAVORITE!!!

Alright.. I'll say it.. WHAT THE HELL??? YOU would think YOUR'S MINE AND OURS and MAME would have made the list.. I mean... how many times do you turn 100???? And for fun.. why not ROMAN SCANDALS or HAVING WONDERFULL TIME or LOVER COME BACK??? or TOO MANY GIRLS (very significant!) The choices TCM will play make me think..WHAT a BORE!! Shoot.. I can watch most of the TCM pix anytime I want too (I have most of them on DVD)... Panama Lady and both Annabell pictures.. along with Miss Grant and Fuller Brush are good choices.. but who the hell do they think are gonna tune in?? Twentysomethings??? C'mon!! Well.. reguardless.. Happy Birthday Lucille!!! YOU are always gonna be my favorite.. MY VERY FAVORITE!!!

Yours, Mine and Ours would have been a great movie to air around 7/8 PM with Mame following.

Well said, they keep playing the sanme crappy ones over and over or they play the good ones at the worst possible time periods.

Yours, Mine and Ours would have been a great movie to air around 7/8 PM with Mame following.

So, do what her REAL fans do, play your dvds of those great films at your house and F*** TCM and their lousy tribute. No, to be fair, i'm glad about the 24 hour tribute, however bad some of the choices are.

I can live without them showing Yours, Mine & Ours. They practically show it monthly anyway. TCM doesn't have access to Lover, Come Back either, do they?

I didn't think so, but for some reason I thought they aired it some time recently. Anybody know? TCM doesn't own the Universal library, but they can license individual films from it.

TCM does not have the rights to Mame or Roman Scandals. Although Yours, Mine and Ours and Too Many Girls are unusual ommissions, I think they made good choices.

I haven't even seen their schedule, i only went by what i read here, but i agree with Brock that they keep showing the same ones all the time, wish they would diversify a little.

I've also been waiting for Lover Come Back to air on TCM. I believe back in November, I saw the title listed on TCM's schedule, but it turned out to be a 1961 film starring Rock Hudson and Doris Day, also entitled Lover Come Back.

Here are some trivia facts for you regarding Lucille's Lover Come Back . . . The film's working title was Lessons in Love. When it was first broadcast on TV in 1953, the film was re-titled as Lucy Goes Wild in order to attract more viewers, since I Love Lucy was enormously popular at the time. Eventually, it was re-titled again as When Lovers Meet when it was re-issued in theaters.

I've also been waiting for Lover Come Back to air on TCM. I believe back in November, I saw the title listed on TCM's schedule, but it turned out to be a 1961 film starring Rock Hudson and Doris Day, also entitled Lover Come Back.

Here are some trivia facts for you regarding Lucille's Lover Come Back . . . The film's working title was Lessons in Love. When it was first broadcast on TV in 1953, the film was re-titled as Lucy Goes Wild in order to attract more viewers, since I Love Lucy was enormously popular at the time. Eventually, it was re-titled again as When Lovers Meet when it was re-issued in theaters.

Yeah, that's what happened to me too, got the Doris Day flick instead.

Archived