I Love Lucy In Color ?????

I would love to see I Love Lucy in color. Not the whole series, maybe just a single disc release. I called CBS to see what their next plans for I Love Lucy are, and they did tell me they're planning a "Best Of" release... why.... Im not quite sure.. but I did suggest this to them... they said they would forward it to Ken Ross... Weve got the Christmas show, Lucy Goes To Scotland.... lets see the LA at Last episode that was colorized in 1990.... and other ones... how about it ????

Very interesting turn of events... I knew they wouldn't resist being able to milk the Lucy cow once the TLS releases are finished. LOL

They definitely need to re-do the Christmas Show, but I'd like to see what they would do with Lucy Gets In Pictures. Their approach to Lucy's Italian Movie might be cool too!

Very interesting turn of events... I knew they wouldn't resist being able to milk the Lucy cow once the TLS releases are finished. LOL

They definitely need to re-do the Christmas Show, but I'd like to see what they would do with Lucy Gets In Pictures. Their approach to Lucy's Italian Movie might be cool too!

Their colorization of "Lucy Goes to Scotland" was not good. If they do more episodes that look like that, I'd rather them not...because it's unwatchable to me. Lucy's hair and the face values were so annoyingly wrong. For pretty decent colorization, check out the first two seasons of "Bewitched."

Their colorization of "Lucy Goes to Scotland" was not good. If they do more episodes that look like that, I'd rather them not...because it's unwatchable to me. Lucy's hair and the face values were so annoyingly wrong. For pretty decent colorization, check out the first two seasons of "Bewitched."

Why, so they can see Sam's same dress colorized in five different colors for every episode it appeared?? Yes, I'm exaggerating -- a bit -- but I don't think they did so hot with BW either. Sorry if I sound stuffy about this, but I can't help feel they should just leave things alone!

:HALKING:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????????? The Scotland ep was one of the most beautiful Lucy things i have ever had the good fortune to see in my lifetime. And i always said they would do the whole series in color years from now when they need to milk the Lucy cash cow over at CBS. I hope i live to see it as millions will not watch anything in black and white and it would be something to look forward to in the Lucy universe as well as a new way to see the same old shows yet again.

millions will not watch anything in black and white

Thank God I've never met any of these people!

I think a best of release is a nice idea, not everyone wants or can afford to buy each season, so its a nice compromise for them. As far as colorization...ick. I don't think I've ever seen a realistic looking colorization. And why colorize it anyway? Next thing you know they'll start dubbing silent movies with dialogue. :lucydisgust:

Thank God I've never met any of these people!

I think a best of release is a nice idea, not everyone wants or can afford to buy each season, so its a nice compromise for them. As far as colorization...ick. I don't think I've ever seen a realistic looking colorization. And why colorize it anyway? Next thing you know they'll start dubbing silent movies with dialogue. :lucydisgust:

Listen, have you not SEEN the Scotland episode fella? If that's not the basis for debate on getting the whole series IN COLOR, i dunno what is.

Listen, have you not SEEN the Scotland episode fella? If that's not the basis for debate on getting the whole series IN COLOR, i dunno what is.

Of course I've seen it and, in my opinion, it looks fake (as it is). There aren't as many layers once colorized as you get in black and white, same issue with the first two seasons of Bewitched.

Ultimately, no skin off my back, if they choose to colorize it I will choose to not purchase it. LOL.

Of course I've seen it and, in my opinion, it looks fake (as it is). There aren't as many layers once colorized as you get in black and white, same issue with the first two seasons of Bewitched.

Ultimately, no skin off my back, if they choose to colorize it I will choose to not purchase it. LOL.

Scotland was A M A Z I N G multi layered or not, LOL! When they DO put it out in color, they have my order pending, can't wait to see it all that way. :peachonthebeach::professor::lucydesi::gasp::ill::ido: as opposed to :lucyblah:

Yeah, I agree, some classics just should be left as is! I don't think I would watch ILL if it was in colour either, I mean, I wouldn't run out to buy it.

Yeah, I agree, some classics just should be left as is! I don't think I would watch ILL if it was in colour either, I mean, I wouldn't run out to buy it.

They dun't need YOU anyway, there are millions of new fans who only want color shows that will fork out the money for the series in color and my opinion is whatever gets her more fans i'm for, so my order stands, LOL! :lucythrill:

LMAO. Well, they can sign me up for their 3-D release in 2018! :lucythrill:

OMG what a great idea, as their whole apartment was 3 D after a while. That Vitameatvegimin bottle coming at you in 3 D, that chocolate conveyor belt doing the same, the grapes being stomped on in 3 D, and so many more, even Peggy shaking Ricky's leg in 3 D. :lucyhorror:

I Loved the job they did on LA At Last, I remember watching it and everyone seemed to believe it was a lost colour version, only regret I didnt record it at the time - didnt realise I could LOL

I would rush out and buy it colour but would probably stick to watching the B&W episodes as a rule

I Loved the job they did on LA At Last, I remember watching it and everyone seemed to believe it was a lost colour version, only regret I didnt record it at the time - didnt realise I could LOL

I would rush out and buy it colour but would probably stick to watching the B&W episodes as a rule

Oh you PURISTS drive me crazy, that's why you shoudn't care if it comes out in color and you hate colorized versions, you'll still have your black and white copies to drool over, LOL!

Next thing you know they'll start dubbing silent movies with dialogue. :lucydisgust:

I like "I Love Lucy" in black and white. I have seen Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz in color in "The Long, Long Trailer" and "Forever Darling" from the same period that they were doing "ILL". Lucille Ball wore her same hairstyle as Lucy Ricardo in both of those films.

Maybe they can dub the talkies that the silent actors attempted to crossover in. There is only one actor that comes to mind: John Gilbert.

Was it at one of the conventions (at the TV Academy in North Hollywood) where you saw the colorized LA at Last David?? That's the only time I can recall seeing it -- and it wasn't the entire ep but the Brown Derby sequence. I remember that it looked really cool on the big screen but I don't remember how good the colorization was/wasn't!

For the first two B&W seasons of Bewitched and the first of IDOJ, I got both sets of DVDs in the colorized and B&W versions and more often than not.... I watch the B&Ws. Sorry but the colorization on those, as recent as they may be, is seriously wanting. And then there's the issue of repeated clothing that's a different color in every ep it appears! Talk about lack of continutity!! It's crazy-making!! Oh well....

I'd almost rather they DID bring 'em out in 3-D first (if that's even possible!) long before they colorize them.....but then, I'm not gonna be surpri$ed if they bring tho$e out, too! (Can you say ka-ching??) ;)

Many people bring up the first seasons of Bewitched as being a perfect example of BAD colorization. But i think they've made strides since then and after seeing the Christmas episode of ILL in color and then that incredibly beautiful Scotland episode, not to mention the L A At Last part, it just gives us another way of looking at the greatest sitcom ever made. I consider Citizen Kane to be the greatest film ever made and it's beyond Classic, but i certainly would not MIND if it ever came out colorized if it brought a bigger audience for a film i absolutely loved. Same for ILL, anything that brings Lucy's great work to a wider audience is ok by me, if it also sells the show more, fine, and i also get to see the epsiodes that i have seen over and over for over half a century, IN A DIFFERENT WAY, then I"M IN!

Lucy herself commented on the subject of colorization in the fall of 1985 at a Q&A session held at Claremont College east of Los Angeles.

FYI - She was definitely against the idea of colorizing her old b&w episodes.

To be fair, the colorization of the mid-80's was miles away from what can be achieved today. So if she were alive today, it is possible her opinion MIGHT have changed.

But again, in 1985, she was NOT supportive of the idea.

Lucy herself commented on the subject of colorization in the fall of 1985 at a Q&A session held at Claremont College east of Los Angeles.

FYI - She was definitely against the idea of colorizing her old b&w episodes.

To be fair, the colorization of the mid-80's was miles away from what can be achieved today. So if she were alive today, it is possible her opinion MIGHT have changed.

But again, in 1985, she was NOT supportive of the idea.

But i agree with what you just stated, she was against it because back then it was bad, today it is much better and she might change her mind about that the way she did whenever someone told her how great something could be. I think had she seen the terrible Christmas show in color, the L A at Last BIT and the Scotland ep especially, she would say it's ok. I think her initial reaction would be like trying to convince Orson Welles that his Citizen Kane should be colorized, it's hard to mess with the classics, but today they can do things these people never could have imagined.

Absolutely. When I watche the colour Lucy's my 15 month old often sits and watches - she knows the Here's Lucy theme instantly. But the B&W ones don't hold her attention in the same way, mind you she is sitting next to me know eating lunch and is glued to the TV - the Professor is doing the bit with the cello :D

Absolutely. When I watche the colour Lucy's my 15 month old often sits and watches - she knows the Here's Lucy theme instantly. But the B&W ones don't hold her attention in the same way, mind you she is sitting next to me know eating lunch and is glued to the TV - the Professor is doing the bit with the cello :D

Well, now you see for yourself why Lucy's biggest fans were children and women, men too but never teens. So she'll grow out of it although none of us here ever have, LOL! :lucythrill::professor:

Archived