Claude

leenorman

Funny you should mention that - I emailed Brock today asking about his whereabouts. He has sent him an email. Hopefully everything is ok with him. I was going to mention it a few days ago but thought I would wait and see if he would post but sadly he hasn't :(

Yeah seems a bit odd for Claude! Hopefully he re-joins us soon!

Hello kiddies, yes, i'm fine, just went through a mini depression and a series of perturbing situations which made life a mite difficult, i appreciate your concern, but my relationship, love life, absentee boyfriend, health woes, financial difficulties and everything else all happened at the same time and made the old geezer beg for a quick death, LOL! But i'm thinking STRAIGHT again now, well, as STRAIGHT as I could ever think of course. Love ya all, and missed you all, i got to make up those lost post counts now so . . .

Welcome back Claude. I know what you mean by having those down days. I get like that too every now and again. Just know we are all here if you ever need to talk. Take care of yourself X

I remember going to the doctor one time and told him i was very anxious and he handed me a prescription for pills to fight depression, i had never made a connection between the two, but then i remembered that both my parents suffered from depression and i now acknowledge that i suffer from it a lot. Of course losing one's job after thirty two years, losing one's mother who we were caregiver to for a dozen or so years and now facing financial and love crisis for years ain't easy either. :lucydisgust:

Hello kiddies, yes, i'm fine, just went through a mini depression and a series of perturbing situations which made life a mite difficult, i appreciate your concern, but my relationship, love life, absentee boyfriend, health woes, financial difficulties and everything else all happened at the same time and made the old geezer beg for a quick death, LOL! But i'm thinking STRAIGHT again now, well, as STRAIGHT as I could ever think of course. Love ya all, and missed you all, i got to make up those lost post counts now so . . .

Be honest, it was cos you still havent got your Lucy DVD's right? Seiously glad your back on top of things again.

Glad you're okay Claude! You were missed.

And I totally hear ya... is it so difficult for life to be easy for a change. It seems like anyone who I talk to has something they're dealing with that they don't necessarily want to deal with...myself included. What's up with that?

So you're not alone buddy. We're hear if you need to talk.

big hug!!! :desijr: (I put a picture of Desi Jr. because...well, a hug from him ~especially from Seasons 2 or 3 of "Here's Lucy"~ is bound to make anyone happy. :lol: )

I just assumed you had damaged both hands practicing your nomination speech for the Girl Friday's Association (Canadian chapter) in front of a mirror.

Whoever said "life is easy" was probably referring to someone else's, not their own....cause it AIN'T!

All through mine when I've been low, there's one person who always cheered me up............LUCY!

And here's something I posted to youtube that will lift your day for a moment. Tallulah has the same reaction to milk as she does to the PTA!

Welcome back Claude! xxxx

Thanks buddy, missed your LUCY countdown for a week, LOL! And your insightful reviews on Lucy thins, LOL! And one more time, Lucy's HAIR in the Dean Martin Lucy show was the best she ever had in her entire life on screen, LOL!

Be honest, it was cos you still havent got your Lucy DVD's right? Seiously glad your back on top of things again.

Well, it sure as hell did not HELP! LOL! Maybe they'll wind up being a birthday present now instead of an Easter one, LOL! David, i will always consider YOU one of the best, nicest and friendliest people at any Lucy site.

And I totally hear ya... is it so difficult for life to be easy for a change. It seems like anyone who I talk to has something they're dealing with that they don't necessarily want to deal with...myself included. What's up with that?

So you're not alone buddy. We're hear if you need to talk.

big hug!!! :desijr: (I put a picture of Desi Jr. because...well, a hug from him ~especially from Seasons 2 or 3 of "Here's Lucy"~ is bound to make anyone happy. :lol: )

You bring up something very important Robert, that EVERYBODY has to deal with some sort of ISSUE or PROBLEM in life and nobody is immune from that situation, we all have to just grin and bear it and get on with life and not let it stop us. I think DEPRESSION is one of the worst, it sure did not help Vivian in any way, but she got through it and so will I. As for Desi jr, always had the HOTS for him back then, loved his talent too, admired him for getting over HIS problem of alcohol and drugs and getting HIS life back together eventually and now helping others in the same situation. Very admirable, and so are you for being so kind and understanding and helpful.

I just assumed you had damaged both hands practicing your nomination speech for the Girl Friday's Association (Canadian chapter) in front of a mirror.

Whoever said "life is easy" was probably referring to someone else's, not their own....cause it AIN'T!

All through mine when I've been low, there's one person who always cheered me up............LUCY!

And here's something I posted to youtube that will lift your day for a moment. Tallulah has the same reaction to milk as she does to the PTA!

LOL! Yes, very good Neil, i think you have made me laugh on this board more than anyone else as your posts are always so clever and insightful but mostly so damned funny, you just have to go write for TV or films, your many talents are so wasted here when they could be saving SNL or something. And i agree about Lucy, she has been the biggest influence on my life when it comes to laughing and enjoying myself, i wonder how many years of my life were just spent watching her antics and laughing uncontrollably. I always dreamed i should go for the Guiness Book of World Records in a store window someplace watching Lcuy and going for the record. Then again, i already have that record, having been her fan for more years than anyone i'm sure. Thanks Neil and i look forward to YOUR posts as i always do. There's something special about reading the posts of someone who's older and was around during Lucy's heyday and knows exactly how i feel about her.

I know, i feel like a turkey at Thansgiving honey! Lucyfans are such sweet creatures, loving and caring and sweet to a fault!

I was a mite depressed too for a few days actually . . . mainly because of the stupid weather! :lucydisgust: I was almost in tears because of how unhappy everything felt. But I held it in. And two blue smiley faced latex balloons made it all better and now the sun has come back out. And the fact that I blew up a whole bunch of balloons at work today.

I was a mite depressed too for a few days actually . . . mainly because of the stupid weather! :lucydisgust: I was almost in tears because of how unhappy everything felt. But I held it in. And two blue smiley faced latex balloons made it all better and now the sun has come back out. And the fact that I blew up a whole bunch of balloons at work today.

Well, there ya go, whatever rocks your boat, for me it was chocolate cake and pizza, and the weather has been horrible here too, rain for like seven days in a row, but the sun finally came out today and it's warming up nicely too.

Archived