The Best of Viv

HarryCarter

Since it's Emmy night, I was wondering if you had to select one episode from each season to submit to the Emmy committee for the Lucy cast members what would it be? We've done this for Lucy in the past, but how about the supporting players.

(I know that in the early years the nominations were based on the calendar year rather than the TV season, but I'm just doing it my season here).

These would be my submissions for Vivian for Best Supporting Actress.

I Love Lucy

1951-1952: Breaking the Lease

1952-1953: The Operetta

1953-1954: Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress [Vivian won for the calendar year of 1953]

1954-1955: Ethel’s Hometown

1955-1956: Ricky's European Booking

1956-1957: Housewarming

The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show:

1957-1958: The Celebrity Next-Door

1958-1959: Lucy Makes Room For Danny

1959-1960: The Ricardos Go to Japan

The Lucy Show:

1962-1963: Lucy Buys a Boat

1963-1964: The Loophole in the Lease

1964-1965: Lucy and Arthur Godfrey

What would you choose?

Since it's Emmy night, I was wondering if you had to select one episode from each season to submit to the Emmy committee for the Lucy cast members what would it be? We've done this for Lucy in the past, but how about the supporting players.

(I know that in the early years the nominations were based on the calendar year rather than the TV season, but I'm just doing it my season here).

I Love Lucy

1953-1954: Lucy and Ethel Buy the Same Dress [Vivian won for the calendar year of 1953]

The Lucy Show:

What would you choose?

I think it'd be fair to say you couldn't nominate Viv enough for nearly ALL her appearances in each and every "Lucy" series -- including her guest shots in the later years. Thus, I'd add her appearance on "The Lucy Show" when she first visits Lucy in Hollywood (1965) and both go "undercover" on the Sunset Strip to look for Herbie "Itchy" Walton, one of my fave TLS eps despite it not being from the first season. :blink:

"Don't jabber me man, don't jabber me!" :lol::huh::lol: :rolleyes:

ILL Season One -- Breaking The Lease

Season Two -- The Operetta

Season Three -- Lucy & Ethel Buy The Same Dress (runner up: Charm School)

Season Four -- Ethel's Hometown

Season Five -- Ricky's European Booking (runner up: Lucy Gets A Paris Gown)

Season Six -- Housewarming (Runner up: Lucy Raises Tulips)

LDCH Season One -- The Celebrity Next Door

Season Two -- Lucy Wants A Career

Season Three -- Milton Berle Hides Out At The Ricardos

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

ILL:

1: "Breaking The Lease"

2: "The Operetta" ("Ricky And Fred Are TV Fans" is a favorite of mine as well)

3: "The Golf Game" ("Lucy And Ethel Buy The Same Dress" is a logical choice as well)

4: "Ethel's Hometown" ("The Star Upstairs" is also a fabulous choice)

5: "Lucy Goes To Monte Carlo" ("Ricky's European Booking" is also a strong choice)

6: "Country Club Dance" ("Off To Florida" would be another one I'd pick)

TLDCH:

1: "The Celebrity Next Door"

2: "Lucy Makes Room For Danny"

3: "The Ricardos Go To Japan"

(It's no wonder those three are my favorite episodes of the series!)

TLS:

1: "Lucy Puts Up A TV Antenna" (I'd consider "Lucy's Sister Pays A Visit" a strong choice)

2: "The Loophole In The Lease"

3: "Lucy, The Meter Maid" (Although, I think her performance in "Lucy, The Stockholder" is very strong)

I Love Lucy

The Lucy Show:

What would you choose?

Ooo.... this is a good one, my choices would be:

ILL:

1. "Breaking the Lease" (totally agree with you Brock)

2. "Never Do Business With Friends"

3. "Too Many Crooks" / "The Million Dollar Idea" tie for me

4. "Ethel's Hometown"

5. "Lucy in the Swiss Alps"

6. "Lucy Misses the Mertzes"

LDCH:

1. "Lucy Hunts Uranium"

2. "Lucy Makes Room for Danny:

3. "The Ricardos Go to Japan"

TLS:

1. "Lucy and Viv Become Tycoons" / "Vivian Sues Lucy"

2. "Lucy Goes to Art Class"

3. "Lucy, the Camp Cook"

I seriously cannot pinpoint Viv on a certain episode. She was a comedic genius in so many ways! I've been watching so many TLS episodes particularly the Danfield episodes and she was marvelous! Not only was she great comedicly but looked absolutely stunning! I just watched the stockholder episode and must I say she did quite great getting exactly what a 5 year old looked like, especially getting on the big chair! "Hi I'm Vivian! I'm pretty!"

ANDDDD can I acknowledge how beautiful she looked in Lucy and Arthur Godfrey? That Steamboat Bessie number! Oh my goodness! Whatta gorgeous lady! :viv1:

But my all time favorite line from Vivian is from the Deep Sea Fishing episode!

:viv2: "ARE YA WET?!"

I die everytime!!

I seriously cannot pinpoint Viv on a certain episode. She was a comedic genius in so many ways! I've been watching so many TLS episodes particularly the Danfield episodes and she was marvelous! Not only was she great comedicly but looked absolutely stunning! I just watched the stockholder episode and must I say she did quite great getting exactly what a 5 year old looked like, especially getting on the big chair! "Hi I'm Vivian! I'm pretty!"

ANDDDD can I acknowledge how beautiful she looked in Lucy and Arthur Godfrey? That Steamboat Bessie number! Oh my goodness! Whatta gorgeous lady! :viv1:

But my all time favorite line from Vivian is from the Deep Sea Fishing episode!

:viv2: "ARE YA WET?!"

I die everytime!!

Yes I know!! She looked absolutely stunning in that number, loved the green dress!!! I wonder if any of her costumes still exist... Ive seen Desi's suits and a bunch of Lucy's dresses.. but nothing of Viv, and she had some great costumes throughout the show! Anybody know the whereabouts of any of her dresses? :viv1:

Yes I know!! She looked absolutely stunning in that number, loved the green dress!!! I wonder if any of her costumes still exist... Ive seen Desi's suits and a bunch of Lucy's dresses.. but nothing of Viv, and she had some great costumes throughout the show! Anybody know the whereabouts of any of her dresses? :viv1:

Ethel's Jacques Marcel original is still around.

Archived