Current Lucy fave thins to watch.

C L A U D E

Lucy specials, Mr and Mrs, never was a favorite although Lucy looked exquisite, but hearing Brock rave about it a few years ago, i rediscovered it and saw the appeal, it's just classic Lucy and working with Bob in something that's actually good and even funny for a change, after seeing all those terrible Hope show sketches all those years.

Lucy guest appearances: On Ann Margret's special and Flip Wilson's show, one hasd one of her best musical numbers and one has two great comedic sketches with someone who's almost as funny as she is. Also the Steve Lawrence show, which has been teh King of my Lucy rotation over the last few years finally getting a break.

At the moment im loving TLS. All the seasons. Been trying to get through season 4, struggling a bit coz ive been so busy. But im half way through the last disc.

Other than that I usually pick any Lucy movie at random. My usual picks are The Big Street, Stone Pillow, The Long Long Trailer or Stage Door.

At the moment im loving TLS. All the seasons. Been trying to get through season 4, struggling a bit coz ive been so busy. But im half way through the last disc.

Other than that I usually pick any Lucy movie at random. My usual picks are The Big Street, Stone Pillow, The Long Long Trailer or Stage Door.

Replace Stage Door with Mame and i'll be right there watchin with ya, LOL!

Here's Lucy Season 4. Even though it was released before TLS#4, I didn't get it until last week. I've never seen any of them before, so it has been a real treat to watch.

Wow, that's kinda cool! At this point, I can't even IMAGINE what'd be like to consider any Lucy episode "new"! marionstrong.gif

Enjoy! :D

Here's Lucy Season 4. Even though it was released before TLS#4, I didn't get it until last week. I've never seen any of them before, so it has been a real treat to watch.

Oh child, you have been so deeprived in your life, i'm so happy for you. And two more to look forward to after that yet!

Right now I'm making sure to get through all of HL since I have seen very little of it. Good entertainment today while I did a mani, pedi. Also I have been rewatching Catherine Curtis a lot since it is clear on dvd and not all cheesecloth like my bad copy. You guys gave me some good.suggestions of stuff. My old vhs copies of some of this stuff have been hidden in a bin since I moved.

Right now I'm making sure to get through all of HL since I have seen very little of it. Good entertainment today while I did a mani, pedi. Also I have been rewatching Catherine Curtis a lot since it is clear on dvd and not all cheesecloth like my bad copy. You guys gave me some good.suggestions of stuff. My old vhs copies of some of this stuff have been hidden in a bin since I moved.

Tell me about it, MY copy of Lucy in London should be transferred to BRAILE so we could at least make out some of it in detail, LOL! And that missing color from both the Danny Kaye special and Lucy in Nashville.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Mame on a flatscreen at a friend's house .. compared to my crappy old tv, I thought I was seing a different movie.. I mean.. wow.. the subtle facial expressions I saw for the first time really REALLY makes me wonder why they "shelacked" her when they reviewed it... because I totally buy her as Mame..

I have only 3 seasons of Here's Lucy and I gotta tell you, I'm not as crazy for this series as I am The Lucy Show of which I have the first 3 seasons of also. I like season 3 of The Lucy Show the best.. and this alarms me in a way because I feel I am being disloyal to Madeline and the 3 Bobs... While I like My Favorite Husband, and I love I Love Lucy.. I think the first 2 seasons of The Lucy Show drag a bit before any good comedy happens. Maybe I hit my head.. maybe I was abducted by aliens and my good sense erased.. but season 3 of The Lucy Show really cracks me up..go figure.. I haven't seen seasons 4-6 of either The Lucy Show or Here's Lucy.. and I really can't wait till I get the chance to!

As far as her movies go, I love Fancy Pants.. (Whistlin' ain't refined, now quit it before I bang you over the head with these long stemmed glasses!) I like Dubary Was A Lady, love her scene in Ziegfield Follies, really enjoy Lured, want to get The Dark Corner, and can't live without Mame.. sometimes I just watch sceens from Mame depending on my mood.. I wish she and maybe Vivian Vance had a part in It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.. anyone know why she was overlooked? And I wish she made The Star (Bette Davis) and had that part of the mother in The Mancurian Candidate (Angela Landsbury)

I watched Mame on a flatscreen at a friend's house .. compared to my crappy old tv, I thought I was seing a different movie.. I mean.. wow.. the subtle facial expressions I saw for the first time really REALLY makes me wonder why they "shelacked" her when they reviewed it... because I totally buy her as Mame..

I have only 3 seasons of Here's Lucy and I gotta tell you, I'm not as crazy for this series as I am The Lucy Show of which I have the first 3 seasons of also. I like season 3 of The Lucy Show the best.. and this alarms me in a way because I feel I am being disloyal to Madeline and the 3 Bobs... While I like My Favorite Husband, and I love I Love Lucy.. I think the first 2 seasons of The Lucy Show drag a bit before any good comedy happens. Maybe I hit my head.. maybe I was abducted by aliens and my good sense erased.. but season 3 of The Lucy Show really cracks me up..go figure.. I haven't seen seasons 4-6 of either The Lucy Show or Here's Lucy.. and I really can't wait till I get the chance to!

As far as her movies go, I love Fancy Pants.. (Whistlin' ain't refined, now quit it before I bang you over the head with these long stemmed glasses!) I like Dubary Was A Lady, love her scene in Ziegfield Follies, really enjoy Lured, want to get The Dark Corner, and can't live without Mame.. sometimes I just watch sceens from Mame depending on my mood.. I wish she and maybe Vivian Vance had a part in It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World.. anyone know why she was overlooked? And I wish she made The Star (Bette Davis) and had that part of the mother in The Mancurian Candidate (Angela Landsbury)

Mame is an awesome movie. I adore it as well. Although Season 3 of TLS is my least favourite season. Here's Lucy is great, you can't really compare it to The Lucy Show, it's like comparing apples and oranges. I think Viv was not well at that time and I don't really think there would have been a part suitable for her in the movie.

Give the final three seasons of HL a try. IMO, they are the series' golden years -- so much better than the first three.

I had one dvd that had several of my fave Lucy thins on it so i watched that . . . Barbara Walters Lucy interview AT HOME followed by The Kennedy Center Honors, All Star Party for LB, and Lucy at the Oscars. Then on another DVD, Bob Hope's Love affair with Lucy, the special he made after she passed that had their best material on it and then the three Joan Rivers Lucy interviews followed by three with Merv Griffin. Much better than anything that was on regular TV i assure you.

I decided to re-watch Best Foot Forward on my DVR, which I recorded way back in November, 2006, when Lucille Ball was TCM's Star of the Month (I can't believe I still have every film they aired of hers that month on my DVR).

The film still holds up incredibly well, and that fight song from the opening credits is still playing in my mind right now. Lucille certainly did look gorgeous in those early '40s MGM days. Technicolor + red hair = wonderful combination for Lucille. I may now go and watch Du Barry Was a Lady.

I decided to re-watch Best Foot Forward on my DVR, which I recorded way back in November, 2006, when Lucille Ball was TCM's Star of the Month (I can't believe I still have every film they aired of hers that month on my DVR).

The film still holds up incredibly well, and that fight song from the opening credits is still playing in my mind right now. Lucille certainly did look gorgeous in those early '40s MGM days. Technicolor + red hair = wonderful combination for Lucille. I may now go and watch Du Barry Was a Lady.

Yeah, Thousands Cheer is coming up on TCM tomorrow, but it's such a small cameo i never bother with that one. I wasn't keen on BFF but DWAL is one terrific movie, i could watch that one forever. And yes, she looked absolutely incredible in her MGM period and the birth of her trademark red hair suited her so well.

Archived