Current Lucy fave thins to watch.

C L A U D E

But she also looked GORGEOUS in the 30's, 50's 60's and 70's, only the eighties screwed her up, LOL! That was when her heavy Hollywood style make up was put on hot and ran. :lucythrill:

Rented "Ziegfeld Follies" and it has to qualify as her most BIZARRE screen appearance.

She smiles gallantly making her entrance, but YOU try standing on a horse (on a carousel yet!). The whole whip cracking thing seems a bit kinky now. Then there's that one shot with the "cats" baring their long red claws at her....maybe that's where she got the idea to grow her nails long, paint them red and point them all at Desi while saying "I could KILL you"---according to Lucie Arnaz anyway.

As ridiculous and campy as the segment is, Lucy carries it off---no small accomplishment. And to think, just 5 years after this

film's release, she would be in television.

Rented "Ziegfeld Follies" and it has to qualify as her most BIZARRE screen appearance.

She smiles gallantly making her entrance, but YOU try standing on a horse (on a carousel yet!). The whole whip cracking thing seems a bit kinky now. Then there's that one shot with the "cats" baring their long red claws at her....maybe that's where she got the idea to grow her nails long, paint them red and point them all at Desi while saying "I could KILL you"---according to Lucie Arnaz anyway.

As ridiculous and campy as the segment is, Lucy carries it off---no small accomplishment. And to think, just 5 years after this

film's release, she would be in television.

Oh there's no denying that she looks absolutely incredible in that short little opening number, but yes, what a waste of her time and talent. Loved the L.A. dig, LOL! This was before she kicked Ruth McDevitt until the woman begged for mercy, she had to be physical with her as she had worn out her voice cursing at peter marshall, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh there's no denying that she looks absolutely incredible in that short little opening number, but yes, what a waste of her time and talent. Loved the L.A. dig, LOL! This was before she kicked Ruth McDevitt until the woman begged for mercy, she had to be physical with her as she had worn out her voice cursing at peter marshall, LOL!

lol an eye opener! lol

Wait. Lucie says Lucy told Desi, "I could KILL you?"

Right now I'm OBSESSED with watching Lucy's pre-I Love Lucy films. Watched both Annabel movies and Beauty for the Asking last weekend. Today I'm planning on watching some of her movies that I've never seen before but own thanks to a certain someone who ROCKS! I'll be sure to post some mini-reviews of whatever I end up watching. I'm also hankering some time with Love, Lucy...might even try to start and finish it today. After a completely wretched night, I could use some time with Lucy. :lucydesi:

Wait. Lucie says Lucy told Desi, "I could KILL you?"

Right now I'm OBSESSED with watching Lucy's pre-I Love Lucy films. Watched both Annabel movies and Beauty for the Asking last weekend. Today I'm planning on watching some of her movies that I've never seen before but own thanks to a certain someone who ROCKS! I'll be sure to post some mini-reviews of whatever I end up watching. I'm also hankering some time with Love, Lucy...might even try to start and finish it today. After a completely wretched night, I could use some time with Lucy. :lucydesi:

Dun't forget a girl a guy and a gob is on TCM tomorrow morning.

I DVRd it, if I had a way to get it onto DVD I'd do so and send it your way!

I've been in a very Lucy mood lately, I've spent the day sick in bed with the Ricardos and Mertzes.

Actually, if you still have a VHS recorder or better still, a DVD that records as well as plays, it's pretty easy! Let me know if you need a "primer"! ;)

Archived