The Royal Family watching Here's Lucy!

Aha! The fabled clip of the Royal Family settling in to watch Lucy has finally surfaced after the Queen put the the 60s documentary Royal Family under lockdown 41 years ago! I guess she loosened her grip on a couple of clips in honour of Phil's 90th Birthday last week because the latest BBC Documentary -- The Duke at 90 -- shows the Queen, Prince Philip, the Queen Mother, Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, and Prince Edward settling into the saloon at Sandringham to watch Mod, Mod, Lucy! :HALKING:

You can't see much, but the clip starts at 9:20 in the video below. If you listen carefully you can hear the episode in the background:

Interesting that the Royal Family hadn't invested in a colour TV set by the time this episode rolled around! :lucyhaha:

Funny, Phil is laughing his head off there yet at the time, i recall his being worried about being seen watching that, he wanted somethng more cerebral on instead. I remember seeing that doc at 18, thought it was nice that they did NORMAL things like the rest of us. Great find Brockie, thanks for putting it up.

I am almost finished watching but getting sleeeeeeepy. The color footage of the wedding took up a lot of my time. I played it over about 8 times! GORGEOUS!!! :lucysmirk: The "bitch" I was referring to was the one who did the interview. She should have curtsied to HRH. He's 90 for cornsakes!! And Royal! Phil seems to be a bit bitchy in this interview. He knows he has her where he wants her. At one point he indicated to her that he didn't think she had a career! He was probably correct! :lucythrill:

Come on, he seemed to be having a grand ole' time. Charles and Anne too.

In some books it is reported as THE FAMILY WAS WATCHING LUCY, OVER PROTESTS FROM PRINCE PHILIP. In another book, i read that he wanted their image to be lifted by them watching something more cerebral. Besides everybody knows Lucy's appeal has always been strongest with women and children and least effective with older men.

• 8 months later...

The third and final installment of the BBC documentary The Diamond Queen aired last night and it contained a couple of additional seconds of the Royal Family watching Mod, Mod Lucy! Behind the voice over you can hear the next line after "They have experience" as well as a few bars from the final musical number. :lucythrill: Prince Andrew looked enthralled by the episode. lol

The third and final installment of the BBC documentary The Diamond Queen aired last night and it contained a couple of additional seconds of the Royal Family watching Mod, Mod Lucy! Behind the voice over you can hear the next line after "They have experience" as well as a few bars from the final musical number. :lucythrill: Prince Andrew looked enthralled by the episode. lol

A few more seconds huh? These people will do anything to up their ratings, LOL!

• 1 month later...

Oh my, 140 rooms, probably half of them living areas and they had to sit on a bench to watch tv in all their Sunday finery??? Good gravy Marie, even the dogs had better seats.

The Queen Mother, Charles, and Anne got the couch in the video, and Phil was sitting in his izzy share.

The Queen Mother, Charles, and Anne got the couch in the video, and Phil was sitting in his izzy share.

Oh yeah, i forgot, the Quinn probably had her throne to sit on too. And a pocket on the side for her Royal TV Guide and a lousy susan in front of her for her tea and crumpetts. Nice room though, loved those two chairs and the decor. No color tv though huh?

Archived