Another Unused "Here's Lucy" holiday plot

"Lucy Takes the Fifth on the Fourth"

When Lucy orders the fireworks for the Unique Employment Agency's Fourth of July celebration online, she enters "1 side" under quantity, not realizing the delivery would fill the office. Desperate, she attempts to hide the overage in the building's furnace before Harry can discover her blunder. But when Los Angel-eeze experiences a freakishly unseasonable July cold snap, the usual office fireworks pale by comparison!

Encino Fire Chief: John "Red" Fox.

By the way it never occurred to me that this occasional Lucy supporting player went by the same name as Redd Foxx! Didn't he play Sergeant Wilcox in more than one Danfield-based Lucy Show?

:marionstrong: Terrific plotline as always! James Flavin played Sergeant Wilcox of Danfield. He also played the immigration officer in "Visitor from Italy." John "Red" Fox played almost every other law official.

I suppose since HL was off for the summer an Independence Day theme would not have been practical anyway.

So that was NOT Red in "Lucy and the Safecracker"??

I can't place Flavin. Do they two actors have a similar look?

Whoever it was in "Safecracker" gives a great performance. I remember two of his lines. Lucy: Do you have a safecracker in your jail? Wilcox: Sorry, I'm fresh out. and "I'll get you for this, Bundy!" (followed by Mooney's: "That goes for you too, CARMICHAEL!")

So what eps did Fox and Flavin do in LS and HL?

I suppose since HL was off for the summer an Independence Day theme would not have been practical anyway.

So that was NOT Red in "Lucy and the Safecracker"??

I can't place Flavin. Do they two actors have a similar look?

Whoever it was in "Safecracker" gives a great performance. I remember two of his lines. Lucy: Do you have a safecracker in your jail? Wilcox: Sorry, I'm fresh out. and "I'll get you for this, Bundy!" (followed by Mooney's: "That goes for you too, CARMICHAEL!")

So what eps did Fox and Flavin do in LS and HL?

James Flavin only appeared in those three episodes. John "Red" Fox appeared probably over a dozen Lucy Show and Here's Lucy episodes. He was the cop in "Lucy and the Ceremic Cat" and one of the cops in "Viv Visits Lucy" (the show's other resident cop, Ray Kellogg, was the other cop). Fox was also one of the fathers in "Lucy Becomes a Father." On Here's Lucy, he was the cop in "Lucy Goes on Strike" (Harry: "I'm Harrison Carter."/Fox: "Oh yeah, the fink!") and the bartender in "Lucy Fights the System," among other parts.

Archived