The Best of Mary Jane

Since it's Emmy night, I was wondering if you had to select one episode from each season to submit to the Emmy committee for the Lucy cast members what would it be? We've done this for Lucy in the past, but how about the supporting players.

These would be my submissions for Mary Jane for Best Supporting Actress.

The Lucy Show:

1965-1966: Lucy and the Golden Greek

1966-1967: Lucy and Sheldon Leonard

1967-1968: Lucy and the “Boss of the Year” Award

Here’s Lucy:

1968-1969: A Date For Lucy [Her only appearance that season]

1969-1970: Lucy and Lawrence Welk

1970-1971: Lucy Loses Her Cool

1971-1972: Lucy and Mannix Are Held Hostage

1972-1973: The Not-So-Popular Mechanics

1973-1974: Mary Jane’s Boyfriend

What would you choose?

Since it's Emmy night, I was wondering if you had to select one episode from each season to submit to the Emmy committee for the Lucy cast members what would it be? We've done this for Lucy in the past, but how about the supporting players.

These would be my submissions for Mary Jane for Best Supporting Actress.

The Lucy Show:

1965-1966: Lucy and the Golden Greek

1966-1967: Lucy and Sheldon Leonard

1967-1968: Lucy and the “Boss of the Year†Award

Here’s Lucy:

1968-1969: A Date For Lucy [Her only appearance that season]

1969-1970: Lucy and Lawrence Welk

1970-1971: Lucy Loses Her Cool

1971-1972: Lucy and Mannix Are Held Hostage

1972-1973: The Not-So-Popular Mechanics

1973-1974: Mary Jane’s Boyfriend

What would you choose?

I agree with your choice of Lucy and Sheldon Leonard which was her best Lucy Show apperance and it was really funny. I haven't seen all of Here's Lucy 4th-5th seasons but I agree with the other choices. I wish Mary Jane was used more because she could be a great actress when given the chance. Lucy and Lawrence Welk, The Not-So-Popular Mechanices and Mary Jane's Boyfriend were all hilarious thanks partly to Mary Jane's delivery, expressions, and for getting into mischief with Lucy.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think Mary Jane is HYSTERICAL in the Lawrence Welk episode when she is talking to the dummy... "I think it's just wonderful the way you say wonderful, was it hard...."

and her reaction to the REAL Lawrence Welk... never ceases to crack me up... ONE of my favorite Here's Lucy Episodes...

Isn't that when Lucy and Viv went into the kitchen, and before Kim and Craig arrived with Lawrence Welk? I'll bet that's the only point where MJ was by herself in a scene without Lucy, Gale, etc.

I agree with your choice of Lucy and Sheldon Leonard which was her best Lucy Show apperance and it was really funny. I haven't seen all of Here's Lucy 4th-5th seasons but I agree with the other choices. I wish Mary Jane was used more because she could be a great actress when given the chance. Lucy and Lawrence Welk, The Not-So-Popular Mechanices and Mary Jane's Boyfriend were all hilarious thanks partly to Mary Jane's delivery, expressions, and for getting into mischief with Lucy.

How about Goodbye, Mrs. Hips, where Lucy, Mary Jane, and Vanda try to lose weight.

Archived