Lucy in Small Roles on the Big Screen

HarryCarter

For anyone in New York who is interested, there will be several screenings of films with Lucy (all in small roles) in New York in the next month.

The Film Forum will be doing a series of Essential Pre-Code films. Included will be:

Roman Scandals (Friday, July 22 2:50, 6:25, 10:00)

Blood Money (Tuesday, July 26 4:20, 8:30)

The Bowery (Wednesday, August 10 2:20, 5:35, 8:30)

I'm surprised they are not including Murder at the Vanities, which includes the infamous "Sweet Marihauna" number.

Complete schedule

The Film Society of Lincoln Center will be screening almost all of Judy Garland's films from July 26 to August 9 (the Paley Center for Media will be screening all of Judy's television work). Ziegfeld Follies will be screened on Tuesday, July 26 at 1:45 and on Saturday, July 30 at 8:00PM.

All Singing, All Dancing, All JUDY

For anyone in New York who is interested, there will be several screenings of films with Lucy (all in small roles) in New York in the next month.

The Film Forum will be doing a series of Essential Pre-Code films. Included will be:

Roman Scandals (Friday, July 22 2:50, 6:25, 10:00)

Blood Money (Tuesday, July 26 4:20, 8:30)

The Bowery (Wednesday, August 10 2:20, 5:35, 8:30)

I'm surprised they are not including Murder at the Vanities, which includes the infamous "Sweet Marihauna" number.

Complete schedule

The Film Society of Lincoln Center will be screening almost all of Judy Garland's films from July 26 to August 9 (the Paley Center for Media will be screening all of Judy's television work). Ziegfeld Follies will be screened on Tuesday, July 26 at 1:45 and on Saturday, July 30 at 8:00PM.

All Singing, All Dancing, All JUDY

If any of you DO GO, i recommend bringing a magnefying glass to see Lucy's small parts in the crowds.

• 11 months later...

The Film Society of Lincoln Center in New York is doing a Gene Kelly retrospective for his centennial and are including two Lucy films: "Thousands Cheer" and the Kelly directed "A Guide for the Married Man." I wish they included "Du Barry Was A Lady."

Thousands Cheer - Sunday, July, 15 at 3:45PM

A Guide for the Married Man - Wednesday, July 25 at 8:30PM

Gene Kelly: Invitation to Dance

Archived