Your age in relation to Lucy . . .

C L A U D E

I was born one year before I Love Lucy started. Was in school when The Lucy Desi Comedy hour played and later in high school when these shows played in the summer as reruns. Was 12 for the start of The Lucy Show and 18 for the start of Here's Lucy and the premiere of Yours Mine and Ours which is the film i saw her the most often in, first time i saw her in color also. On TV i think Mame was the first one i saw in color, but it could have been Y M and O also. Was 39 when she passed on. Therefore am 61 now that she celebrates her 100th and the show it's 60th. I often think of my age and what SHE was doing at that same age, which means that now, as i lack energy and start feeling old, she was doing the 4th season of Here's Lucy and slowing down herself. What about YOU guys?

I was born in December of 1959 when Desi and Lucy were going through the process of separation and divorce. I was born within a month after the 12th one hour show: "The Ricardos Go To Japan". My memory of "The Lucy Show" started around the fifth season when I was six going onto seven. I was bathing myself in reruns of both "I Love Lucy" and "The Lucy And Desi Comedy Hour". I remember going to see "Yours, Mine, And Ours" in a theatre with my parents.

I don't think Lucy was doing much when I was born either in 1979. I was 7 when "Life With Lucy" was on, but I was more into ALF at the time lol and I don't ever remember catching the show. I was a month shy of my 10th birthday when she passed away and I barely remember that. I remember my dad was a huge fan of "I Love Lucy" and when it started airing on Nick at Nite we watched that together all the time. One of the few happy memories of me with my dad because he was gone a lot while I was growing up and then he died when I was 24, but that was one thing we had in common was Lucy.

I don't think Lucy was doing much when I was born either in 1979. I was 7 when "Life With Lucy" was on, but I was more into ALF at the time lol and I don't ever remember catching the show. I was a month shy of my 10th birthday when she passed away and I barely remember that. I remember my dad was a huge fan of "I Love Lucy" and when it started airing on Nick at Nite we watched that together all the time. One of the few happy memories of me with my dad because he was gone a lot while I was growing up and then he died when I was 24, but that was one thing we had in common was Lucy.

What a nice memory you shared about your Dad! I wish I could share something like that but can't. Thankfully though, despite a bout recently of serious illness, my Dad's still with us.

Now if only he was a big "ILL" fan too! ;)

Yes, many people did that, both my boyfriend and I were raised by our grandmothers and Lucy was always the babysitter in our youth.

What a nice memory you shared about your Dad! I wish I could share something like that but can't. Thankfully though, despite a bout recently of serious illness, my Dad's still with us.

Now if only he was a big "ILL" fan too! ;)

Been there, done that, got the T shirt. My dad would watch that horrid Truth or Consequences and i'd wait for commercials so i could go see what Lucy Ricardo was up to, then switch back for his horible show. Like in most families though, Lucy was adored by women and kids, older men not so much.

Lucy wasn't doing much when I was born , she was just doing guest appearances eg. "Gene Kelly - An American In Pasadena" and "AFI Salute To Henry Fonda".

Ah, BUT those were her GLOPRY years where she was recognized as the QUEEN of Television, First Lady and all that.

I was born in December of 1959 when Desi and Lucy were going through the process of separation and divorce. I was born within a month after the 12th one hour show: "The Ricardos Go To Japan". My memory of "The Lucy Show" started around the fifth season when I was six going onto seven. I was bathing myself in reruns of both "I Love Lucy" and "The Lucy And Desi Comedy Hour". I remember going to see "Yours, Mine, And Ours" in a theatre with my parents.

I know i`ve said this a thousand times but i freaked when i saw Yours Mine and Ours, Lucy on the giant screen AND in color yet, and such a great funny movie, i sat through it one Saturday from 10am to Midnight watching it seven times in a row and going nuts at the audience laughing hysterically at her eyelash in the coffee and that famous drunk scene and all. They didn`t kick you out after the showing back in those days, you could rewatch something as often as you wanted and they served hot dogs too. That HAD to be one of the best days of my life, that glorious Saturday spent with Lucy on screen.

I often think of my age and what SHE was doing at that same age, which means that now, as i lack energy and start feeling old,

Oh, come on! I'm sure there's a wide-screen color spectacular still in your future (maybe "La Claude au Folles") so keep those high-kickin' legs limber!

Oh, come on! I'm sure there's a wide-screen color spectacular still in your future (maybe "La Claude au Folles") so keep those high-kickin' legs limber!

LOL! No, nothing to worry about, i have all the youthful energy i ever did, it's just that i'm coming off two full weeks of working every day and many graveyard shifts in there which means i rarely get any sleep, but i can still high kick as high as Mame Dennis, TRUST ME! So, how old were YOU Neil in relation to Lucy things like her shows or movies?

WELLLLLLL!!!

I have a birthday coming up and if you want to know what birthday it is I'll tell you.......IT'S MINE.

Just remember, if you come across an ad looking for experienced dancers under the age of 25, they mean dancing -- not years of experience being 25! :lucywow:

Just remember, if you come across an ad looking for experienced dancers under the age of 25, they mean dancing -- not years of experience being 25! :lucywow:

Just when I was set to audition for a gig as a "Danny Thomas Show" dancer.

(Danny: "And the show's in black and white. His grey roots will be as asset.")

I'm at the awkward age: to old for chorus boy and too young for social security.

I'm at the awkward age: to old for chorus boy and too young for social security.

I know. Your government should really take better care of people in your position -- there aren't many of you left who served with Admiral Dewey at Manila.

I know. Your government should really take better care of people in your position -- there aren't many of you left who served with Admiral Dewey at Manila.

One more remark like that and you can study for your own finals!

(as in "Brock Gets His Diploma")

(and since we're flinging insults)...I wouldn't talk if I were YOU....who had the title role in Viv's "Voice of the Turtle".

Hey, it was Brock that gave you the SHOT, why are you going after me. Besides everyone knows you are between the age of 40 and D E A T H ! LOL!

I probably have "Y'ALL" beat; and another coming up real fast; yikes, where have the years gone??????

Love, JK

Well, that's why the chronology is easier for you, you were alive for MOST of it! LOL! Oh great, now they have me insulting Joyce just because she used to push my baby carriage as a child. LOL!

Archived