Lucy (and Mary Jane) & The Franchise Fiasco

I watched Lucy & The Franchise Fiasco for the first time in ages and was very struck by Mary Jane's performance in the episode. Is it just me, or does MJ spend the entire first half of the second act in complete Audrey Simmons mode? She is Audrey Simmons in her mannerisms, attitude, dialogue and, most importantly, VOICE! Gone is the chipmunk and making her west coast debut is Audrey Simmons. In fact, it seems she only flips her Mary Jane swish back on when she brings up the plot point of the escaped zoo penguins.

Has anyone else noticed this, or, to quote Mary Jane on her return, "Am I being silly?" Discuss.

Are there any other episodes where the Mary Jane Lewis character shows traces the Audrey character?

I watched Lucy & The Franchise Fiasco for the first time in ages and was very struck by Mary Jane's performance in the episode. Is it just me, or does MJ spend the entire first half of the second act in complete Audrey Simmons mode? She is Audrey Simmons in her mannerisms, attitude, dialogue and, most importantly, VOICE! Gone is the chipmunk and making her west coast debut is Audrey Simmons. In fact, it seems she only flips her Mary Jane swish back on when she brings up the plot point of the escaped zoo penguins.

Has anyone else noticed this, or, to quote Mary Jane on her return, "Am I being silly?" Discuss.

Are there any other episodes where the Mary Jane Lewis character shows traces the Audrey character?

No, it's YOU, you need a Lucy break, get away for a while and go watch Mad men or something, you need a breather, LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken. wasn't Audrey Simmons pretty much a Betty Ramsey clone?

And is there any difference between Mary Jane Lewis from Lucy Carmichael's universe and Mary Jane Lewis from Lucy Carter's universe?

Poor Mary Jane Croft, no matter who she was playing, she never got recognized as a full fledged co-star.

If I'm not mistaken. wasn't Audrey Simmons pretty much a Betty Ramsey clone?

And is there any difference between Mary Jane Lewis from Lucy Carmichael's universe and Mary Jane Lewis from Lucy Carter's universe?

Poor Mary Jane Croft, no matter who she was playing, she never got recognized as a full fledged co-star.

Yeah, her squeeky high pitched out of this world voice alone should have gotten credit on the show, LOL! :marionstrong: She and Carolyn/Lillian Appleby should have played her two best friends all through the series.

Archived