BREAKING NEWS: The 2012 Lucy Fest headliner is...

Brock

Whoopi Goldberg! :lucywow:

I like Whoopi, but I was hoping for someone with a more obvious Lucy connection. At least she worked with Mary Wickes though! LOL

She sent in a very nice recorded message that was played before Joan's act tonight. Her admiration for Lucy is clear, so that could be promising.

Whoopi Goldberg! :lucywow:

I like Whoopi, but I was hoping for someone with a more obvious Lucy connection. At least she worked with Mary Wickes though! LOL

She sent in a very nice recorded message that was played before Joan's act tonight. Her admiration for Lucy is clear, so that could be promising.

Well, i have to be honest, i came here expecting the worst but i have to say she is a BIG NAME and a terrific choice, a woman featured on the ILL 50th anniversary show and a great fan of Lucy's, so she's perfect! Hard to match Joan Rivers but they've surely succeeded there.

I am looking forward in Whoopi headlining Lucy's birthday celebration next year. Got to check in on her reaction on "The View".

She might bring it up when it happens NEXT year, but i doubt it's the kind of PRESTIGE gig she'd talk about now, besides, aren't they all on vacation till September now? Or was it Regis and Kellie Lee who talked about going away for August?

She might bring it up when it happens NEXT year, but i doubt it's the kind of PRESTIGE gig she'd talk about now, besides, aren't they all on vacation till September now? Or was it Regis and Kellie Lee who talked about going away for August?

when was this announced?

The View is usually off for most of August. They return Labor Day.

They're done for the season. Last Friday's show (Aug. 5) was the last new one till September 6.

Have become a big Whoopi fan since she's become The View moderator but pray tell, what's this Lucy "connection" you speak of? I certainly can't think of any! lucyhorror.JPG

Have become a big Whoopi fan since she's become The View moderator but pray tell, what's this Lucy "connection" you speak of? I certainly can't think of any! lucyhorror.JPG

The fact that Lucy and Eddie Albert sang "Makin' Whoopi", of course....

They're done for the season. Last Friday's show (Aug. 5) was the last new one till September 6.

She's talked about her a whole lot since she got started in the business and she was on the 50th anniversary special for ILL of course.

I believe Lucy and Whoopi at least met once. They were seated right near each other at Billy Wilder's AFI salute.

Oh wow, did not know that, i would love to see that AFI salute again, all of those should be put out on dvd for fans to buy. Lucy could have seen her Broadway show also, she always went to all the BIG shows in NY.

She probably won't mention it on "The View" till after their vacation next year. Usually on the first day back, they will discuss what they were doing on their vacation. Maybe Whoopi will announce it before their summer vacation next year.

Archived