Happy Anniversary, Everyone!

Brock

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, AND THANK YOU!

Well, everyone, today at about 4:30 a.m. is our first anniversary in our new home!

I’d just like to thank each and every one of you for sticking with the Lounge as we made our transition from SuddenLaunch to our first decampment at www.gale-gordon.com/lucylounge before finally arriving at www.lucylounge.com.

It was a bit of a bumpy transition but thanks to the dedication of our regular and loyal members we have been able to pick up almost exactly where we left off, packing up and recreating some of our more fun and interesting threads, and creating nearly 900 new, stimulating, informative, and thoroughly enjoyable discussions.

The transition has also afforded us the opportunity to welcome back some of our long-lost Lucy Loungers who hadn’t checked into the old Lounge in ages, but it has also given us the opportunity to welcome many fantastic new members here, whether they be Lucy fans going back decades or newcomers to the Lucy-verse.

While SuddenLaunch has made its slow descent into oblivion I’d like to thank you once again for keeping The Lucy Lounge alive and officially welcome you into our second year at www.lucylounge.com.

Nearly 19,000 posts in 12 months is certainly nothing to sneeze at but let’s shoot for 50,000 to mark our second year here, and to mark 2012 – the 10th Anniversary of the Lucy Lounge’s founding!

Brock:

Just passing by to say: I don't know how you have the time to sleep, eat and bathe!!!! What with a full-time job; travelling, etc., and your daily dedication to this forum, it's quite amazing!

I totally appreciate you, and all your hard work; and for providing those of us still in LOVE WITH LUCILLE BALL a place to 'visit'; talk; joke; honor; and ENJOY!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Much love, Joyce Kellogg

Brock,

I think Joyce says it so well...and you're thanking US?? Incredible. :D

I don't know how you do it either; I don't do much but hold down a full-time job and that exhausts me! Well...I do have a few years on you, but still.

And having been involved with other fansite forums such as this, I have to tell you that what really impresses me is you handle the inevitable "blips", be they misunderstandings, things written and misinterpreted, folks getting bent out of shape, technical glitches, etc, etc., all with equal tact, aplomb and consideration with wisdom and thoughtfulness beyond your years. I've had just the opposite experiences elsewhere, so I find your "style", if you will, most appreciated, not to mention impressive. I'm very grateful.

Thanks for this place, this haven, this sanctuary, this so many things. It's nice to have a "home" to come to and not have to explain why you're here, since everyone else here too, "gets it."

Oh and one last thanks and this is purely selfish, but sincere: thanks for being so inclusive and non-judgemental. It's refreshing and comforting to have a place to come to where you can be yourself and not have to "edit" yourself about what gender you really mean, and things like that. A little thing to some perhaps (and probably an annoyance or worse to others here) but it means a lot to me and again, I'm very grateful.

Thank you, sir! Keep up the good work....PLEASE! ;):):D

Brock:

Just passing by to say: I don't know how you have the time to sleep, eat and bathe!!!! What with a full-time job; travelling, etc., and your daily dedication to this forum, it's quite amazing!

I totally appreciate you, and all your hard work; and for providing those of us still in LOVE WITH LUCILLE BALL a place to 'visit'; talk; joke; honor; and ENJOY!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Much love, Joyce Kellogg

It took some getting used to and please dun't move us again, e v e r but Joyce said it best, as well as Joey, so i agree with both, so i'll just say DITTO! We appreciate your hard work, thank you for the meeting place, love all the members old and new and if it wasn't for Lucy, none of this would be happening. THANK YOU!

Brock,

I think Joyce says it so well...and you're thanking US?? Incredible. :D

I don't know how you do it either; I don't do much but hold down a full-time job and that exhausts me! Well...I do have a few years on you, but still.

And having been involved with other fansite forums such as this, I have to tell you that what really impresses me is you handle the inevitable "blips", be they misunderstandings, things written and misinterpreted, folks getting bent out of shape, technical glitches, etc, etc., all with equal tact, aplomb and consideration with wisdom and thoughtfulness beyond your years. I've had just the opposite experiences elsewhere, so I find your "style", if you will, most appreciated, not to mention impressive. I'm very grateful.

Thanks for this place, this haven, this sanctuary, this so many things. It's nice to have a "home" to come to and not have to explain why you're here, since everyone else here too, "gets it."

Oh and one last thanks and this is purely selfish, but sincere: thanks for being so inclusive and non-judgemental. It's refreshing and comforting to have a place to come to where you can be yourself and not have to "edit" yourself about what gender you really mean, and things like that. A little thing to some perhaps (and probably an annoyance or worse to others here) but it means a lot to me and again, I'm very grateful.

Thank you, sir! Keep up the good work....PLEASE! ;):):D

Thanks, Joey.......for saying it BETTER; you've nailed it!!!!

We ALL appreciate you, Brock....Love, JK

• 4 weeks later...

Archived