Fuller Brush Girl movie on DVD

The packaging seems a bit lazy to me.

Well, I wouldn't expect much -- these are "made to order" releases, not regular mass-produced DVDs. They even have this disclaimer, which could prove worrisome for some titles as it means they didn't go to too much trouble on the technical (picture, sound, etc.) end, either:

"Important Note: This film has been manufactured from the best-quality video master currently available and has not been remastered or restored specifically for this DVD and Digital Download release."

Despite already having these on VHS (and from which I've made my own DVD copy), it's nice that we can finally get a "professional" release in this format, even if the artwork and video reproduction isn't of the utmost quality. :D

Well, I wouldn't expect much -- these are "made to order" releases, not regular mass-produced DVDs. They even have this disclaimer, which could prove worrisome for some titles as it means they didn't go to too much trouble on the technical (picture, sound, etc.) end, either:

"Important Note: This film has been manufactured from the best-quality video master currently available and has not been remastered or restored specifically for this DVD and Digital Download release."

Despite already having these on VHS (and from which I've made my own DVD copy), it's nice that we can finally get a "professional" release in this format, even if the artwork and video reproduction isn't of the utmost quality. :D

I know, it's one of her best comedies but really, we're not talking Gone with the Wind here, so any copy is fine by me. I think my latest is a recording off TCM. But i originally had the same as you, a VHS transfer to DVD.

http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=1000238743

I didn't know that one of my favorite Lucille Ball films is on DVD! To those who own this, is the image quality good?

Sony Releases Lucy Movies, July 5

Very nice image quality. All of Sony's "Columbia Classics" releases are remasterings, and the majority are transfers from restorations.

• 4 months later...

December 1951. For less than 12 CENTS a movie (7 cents if you dropped the kids off) you got "The Killer That Stalked New York", "Revenue Agent" AND "The Fuller Brush Girl" with Gale Robbins billed ABOVE the title. So much better deal than the 75 cents an actor one paid of "Two for the Seesaw" in 1963.

FullerBrush.png

I Love Lucy had debuted 2 months previous to this mention in Sheila Graham's column. Did she miss Lucy's only 1951 release? I wonder who was offering $100G (certainly NOT Harry Cohn) and if it was on the strength of her new-found television popularity.

Though this syndicated column appeared in the Portland newspaper, we did not yet have a TV station. Evidently we were the last major city to get one in September of 1952...just one--which picked from all four networks but had I Love Lucy on Mondays at 9.

SheilaGraham1951.png

December 1951. For less than 12 CENTS a movie (7 cents if you dropped the kids off) you got "The Killer That Stalked New York", "Revenue Agent" AND "The Fuller Brush Girl" with Gale Robbins billed ABOVE the title. So much better deal than the 75 cents an actor one paid of "Two for the Seesaw" in 1963.

FullerBrush.png

I Love Lucy had debuted 2 months previous to this mention in Sheila Graham's column. Did she miss Lucy's only 1951 release? I wonder who was offering $100G (certainly NOT Harry Cohn) and if it was on the strength of her new-found television popularity.

Though this syndicated column appeared in the Portland newspaper, we did not yet have a TV station. Evidently we were the last major city to get one in September of 1952...just one--which picked from all four networks but had I Love Lucy on Mondays at 9.

SheilaGraham1951.png

I'm not sure but i think i paid .85 cents in the late sixties for a movie, 1.50 for every Yours mine and ours showing, then it went as high as 2.25 in the evening. But you could stay there all day and even eat hot dogs in the lobby which is what i did when i watched YM&O from ten am to Midnight or two am.

I have Tivo and am able to pull the file to my computer, convert to mpeg and burn to DVD. I got a ton of Lucy movies onto disk this way when Lucy was star of the month on TCM.

Too complicated for my little old brain, so i just recorded them on to dvd when they played. My two dvd recorders usually work overtime.

Archived