Actresses who've played Vivian

Mot Morenzi

As far as I'm aware, Vivian has only been depicted in the two Lucille Ball telefilms.

Robin Pearson Rose played her in "Lucy & Desi: Before the Laughter", and New Zealand actress Rebecca Hobbs played her in "Lucy"

With all due respect to both actresses, neither were ideally cast as Vivian. Rose bore a fleeting resemblance to her and did have the voice, but only had about 5 minutes of screen-time so therefore didn't really get to do anything.

Hobbs is a beautiful actress, but evoked no memory of Vivian in either looks, mannerisms or voice. Not meaning to sound too cynical, but I think because the project was outsourced to New Zealand, their casting requirements for bit parts was not too strict. :viv2: Vance was only a supporting character in the film, and it shows in how they cast her (both films, actually).

Hopefully one day we'll get to see an actress do Vivian proper justice, either in a new Lucy film or perhaps "The Vivian Vance Story"! :viv1:

As far as I'm aware, Vivian has only been depicted in the two Lucille Ball telefilms.

Robin Pearson Rose played her in "Lucy & Desi: Before the Laughter", and New Zealand actress Rebecca Hobbs played her in "Lucy"

With all due respect to both actresses, neither were ideally cast as Vivian. Rose bore a fleeting resemblance to her and did have the voice, but only had about 5 minutes of screen-time so therefore didn't really get to do anything.

Hobbs is a beautiful actresses, but evoked no memory of Vivian in either looks, mannerisms or voice. Not meaning to sound too cynical, but I think because the project was outsourced to New Zealand, their casting requirements for bit parts was not too strict. :viv2: Vance was only a supporting character in the film, and it shows in how they cast her (both films, actually).

Hopefully one day we'll get to see an actress do Vivian proper justice, either in a new Lucy film or perhaps "The Vivian Vance Story"! :viv1:

If Meryl gets the Lucy part, who would play Viv? Ernest Borgnine might be available. But seriously, who would YOU suggest?

Borgnine, ouch! LOL.

Hmm, that's a very good question. I'd have to think of who could play Vivian Vance.

On a somewhat different note, in imagining an I Love Lucy reboot or parody, I picture Debra Messing playing Lucy and Ellen DeGeneres playing Ethel. I don't, however, think Ellen would be ideal as Vivian, however.

I'll think about it.

Borgnine, ouch! LOL.

Hmm, that's a very good question. I'd have to think of who could play Vivian Vance.

On a somewhat different note, in imagining an I Love Lucy reboot or parody, I picture Debra Messing playing Lucy and Ellen DeGeneres playing Ethel. I don't, however, think Ellen would be ideal as Vivian, however.

I'll think about it.

Ellen would need loads of padding to pull that off and she's not great an actress either.

I don't know too much about it, but there was a play by John Wuchte that played off-off Broadway called, Vivian Vance Is Alive And Well And Running A Chinese Take-Out. I believe Viv comes out at the end of act one? Anyone have any info?

No info but I'm sure curious now! Love the title! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived