Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Never seen that one, but heard of it. I'm not really a big DW fan, I only saw it yesterday because my dad was watching it. I'll look out for the Lucy one.

It starred Wendy Jo Sperber who passed herself a while back.  I watched every episode but never in reruns.  I'm watching this ep and this girl comes in, a real Debbie Downer, i think she was a photographer for someone who treated her badly.  She has no motivation and doesn't give a hoot about anything, until . . . .she discovers one of the I Love Lucy Columbia House videotapes that Jean Smart's character just received and just goes nuts as any of us would, all of a sudden, talking about Lucy and her antics, she becomes this chatterbox and whoops and hollers and is in heaven, until her shit boss brings her back down to earth by telling her to stop talking about Lucy and get back to work.  I think i recorded it, and just loved how they saluted Lucy in the credits at the end.

Watched me some Christmas shows and saw Lucy in three of them, something called Holiday Treats featured 8 comedy series and their Christmas shows, so I Love Lucy was first of course.  Then, i watched a Dean Martin Christmas special and he had all these famous stars at the end of it and after this onslaught of famous names, everybody from Jimmy Stewart to Bob Hope, finished with the greatest star, LUCY.  It was from '68, so she had her Yours Mine and Ours hair and looked sensational in a black gown with a matching jacket and her huge drop diamond earrings from Here's Lucy's opening.  Then, as i watched SCTV Christmas, two specials and Lucy was imitated in the second one, singing a Christmas song to the tune of Mame, and then doing comedy schtick, her famous gravel voice, her laugh, her spider and finally, her cry.  I have no idea if it was Andrea Martin or Catherine O'hara who DID her but she looked terrific, big red hair, nice black gown and the eyes and lips were perfect.

Catherine.

Thank you.  And you were also right about that character who LOOKS a bit like Lucy NOT being a Lucy imitation, but THIS one definitely WAS.  And, typical of anything Lucy i have had all my life, the minute the Lucy part ended, the disc no longer worked.  That's like when i tune in something on tv and just as i get the picture, they're talking about Lucy, freaks me out!

Lucy was mentioned in a uk show recently."Episodes" with matt le blanc. He had to audition for a role, the agent said "if Lucille ball came back from the dead they'd make her audition to see if she was still funny, mind you she wasn't funny towards the end" ok not a nice one but a step up for uk shows to be referencing her

Lucy was mentioned in a uk show recently."Episodes" with matt le blanc. He had to audition for a role, the agent said "if Lucille ball came back from the dead they'd make her audition to see if she was still funny, mind you she wasn't funny towards the end" ok not a nice one but a step up for uk shows to be referencing her

You see, people forget or rather, prefer not to talk about the way she was treated in her old age, she and people like Bob Hope were ridiculed for being OLD HAT.  I never forgot that and love the way they treat older people today, like Betty White among many others.

At my Bousha's house for a Christmas party today, in her garage I found an RKO double feature tape with Affairs of Annabelle and Pop Always Pays dated 1984. I was shocked when I realized 1984 was 30 years ago!!!

I know, had the same thought about something else like that today, we forget that Lucy died a quarter century ago.

At my Bousha's house for a Christmas party today, in her garage I found an RKO double feature tape with Affairs of Annabelle and Pop Always Pays dated 1984. I was shocked when I realized 1984 was 30 years ago!!!

Freddie, love; THAT's even more shocking; you don't know what year this is!!!!  Loving you, and HNY, may it be your BEST EVER!!!! JK

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, The View did it to me again today.  Beginning pre empted by the killing of those terrorists in France, fine, so they show an old one with Barbara Walters introducing her new hosts Rosie (duos) and the Republican, then, after commercial, they return with another show, presumably NEW that again had Babs Walters on as the woopster is away with a bad back.  This new show had this woman who apparently stars on Brooklyn 99, Chelsea Perreti?  Anyhoo, she's very funny and has a stand up special coming up on Netflix.  She started listing her early influences and she named several people and then saying she read Phyllis Diller's book and then she added I REALLY ENJOYED I LOVE LUCY.  God bless her, i will never miss another appearance by this very funny lady who was influenced by the funniest lady ever!!!!!

Isn't she always?? If I had HBO I'd be a regular viewer! Am enjoying "The McCarthys" on CBS mainly because of her as well as Mr. Ritter....soooo reminiscent of his late great father.  Just wish the scripts were better....it has much potential but so far -- and I hope it's given the chance -- has yet to fire on all cylinders IMHO. :)

Did not know a Ritter was on McCarthys, which for network sitcoms is pretty enjoyable.   Though that faux laugh track with its one volume is annoying.  Is this one of those that is supposedly "filmed in front of a live audience"?

I don't know the characters by name but I assume young Ritter is the gay one?   What other off-spring is in the biz?