Lucy Sightings!

Brock

TCM is currently showing the 1974 TV special Mitzi: A Tribute to the American Housewife as part of a night long Mitzi Gaynor marathon. The special is the original broadcast version. This includes the CBS opening that says Here's Lucy and The New Dick Van Dyke Show are being pre-empted. Photos of Lucy, Gale, and Lucie accompanied the Here's Lucy logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the Don Rickles tribute on Spike.  Not that funny but many great stars showed up.  The best thing about it were the old time clips, And one featured Lucy, from her Dean Martin roast where Rickles goes on a rant saying HE NEVER LKIKED HER.  They could have showed a clip from his appearance on The Lucy show instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Today on Queen Latifah, which was a rerun, guest Rhea Perlman of CHEERS fame was on plugging her part in Kirstie Allie's new TV land show and she mentioned that they are like Lucy and Ethel together scheming on the show, which also stars humongous Lucy fan Michael Richards.  Rhea has two daughters in real life by the way named Lucy and Gracie.  And Kirstie once played Password with Lucy before she became an actress.  And after that I saw a commercial for this new television set where they show the evolution of tv over the decades and they start with I Love Lucy before they move on to Dallas and eventually to current tv shows.  Nice seeing Lucy mentioned and the show also.

I love the caricature with the blink on your latest signature even more than your avatar Lamar! I don't know why but the avatar one kinda gives me the creeps -- maybe cuz it looks almost too "real"?? Anyways...you never cease to amaze!! Keep up the great work! 

:peachonthebeach:

lol i thought it was only me. I called it I Love Lizard Lucy- because it seemed like the eyes closed from the bottom and top- (sound of side show Bob disgust grunt) lol I kept it up to stay loyal to it lol but Ill take this is an opportunity to find some fun new ideas for a new avatar. possibly a cute gif

Ok, this was weird.  Watching an old ELLEN rerun and was just about to switch to Bib Bang Theory reruns but did not!  Just then, Ellen mentioned her Heads Up game and that she had played with Lucy.  They showed a photoshopped photo of Lucy sitting in the guest chair on her show, the one where Lucy is feigning surprise in HOUSEWARMING, it always shocks me when that sort of thing happens, you switch channels and just then Lucy comes on, weird, just weird.

I watch this show called At Midnight on Comedy Central. It' s a comedy game show about daily stuff on the internet. One game was name things true about the show so they can be on theor Wikipedia page. So among all the joke answers the one comic said the show was taped at the old ILL studio and we should respect our history. The host said that was an actual true fact.

On today's The View, they had this pollster on and he was asking the ladies what they thought the American public thought about this or that.  One of the questions was  What's your all time favorite tv theme song . . . so the two numb without nuts said one, I forget which and The Whoopster said hers was The I Love Lucy theme.  So the audience yelled out a few and then they announced the most popular was the CHEERS one and the audience proceeded to sing it.  When they stopped, Ms Goldberg started singing the I Love Lucy theme, the first two lines anyway and everybody laughed.  YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT WOMAN, THE WONDER SHE'S THE ONLY SURVIVOR OF THE VIEW WARS.

• 2 weeks later...