Lucille Ball Specials - LUCY MOVES TO NBC

Shemp

I think that was Gene Kelly, in a nightclub or showroom. Oh wait, was it Donald O'connor?

Yes, as Lucy was afraid someone else was going to grab him before she could sign him up (:rolleyes:), so she and Gale flew to San Francisco where he was ostensibly appearing. Too bad they didn't miss their plane! ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks great!

2db8044.jpg

I agree.

Most likely the scenario at this stage of the game is that VERY little original material still exists that would usable for a cover. In my opinion, this shot works well and she looks terrific. Let's not forget that this is a nearly 70 year-old woman.

(Of course I'm a little biased, as this was the very first time I saw her in person and be able to watch the master at work.)

She didn't look puffy in LIFE WITH LUCY though

That was also after she'd lost a considerable amount of weight after almost killing herself doing Stone Pillow.

Put me down as another cover lover! I agree with all that's been said. It's a nice picture of Lucy and Bob and Lucy looks beautiful! Is it just me or do her blue eyes really pop and look especially gorgeous here?

That was also after she'd lost a considerable amount of weight after almost killing herself doing Stone Pillow.

Put me down as another cover lover! I agree with all that's been said. It's a nice picture of Lucy and Bob and Lucy looks beautiful! Is it just me or do her blue eyes really pop and look especially gorgeous here?

Or it could be because the picture is so damned B I G !

It's one of the best Lucy books around, but his opinions mar the otherwise great reference book. Our own writing genius Harry Carter/Jim Sheridan did not make the same mistake with his Lucy thome.

I think the detail of Fidelman's research is remarkable, and many of his insights are very shrewd and well-reasoned. However, like all opinions, his views are subjective and not everyone will interpret them that way.

It's one of the best Lucy books around, but his opinions mar the otherwise great reference book. Our own writing genius Harry Carter/Jim Sheridan did not make the same mistake with his Lucy thome.

I also sort of feel that way about Stefan Kanfer's biography. I love much of it, but I think he takes a very negative view on too much of her work. All those snide comments about nothing being as good as it should have been, and such. While warranted in some situations, it's not for all.

I also sort of feel that way about Stefan Kanfer's biography. I love much of it, but I think he takes a very negative view on too much of her work. All those snide comments about nothing being as good as it should have been, and such. While warranted in some situations, it's not for all.

And i feel the exact same way about another book i loved EXCEPT for all the negative shit thrown at Lucy, DESILU. BUT, that's how they sell books, nobody would want to read about Mother Theresa/Lucy.

"Lucy Moves to NBC" but judging by the ratings of this special "left no forwarding address".

Best scene: Lucy feigning shyness as Donald introduces her from the stage.

The "Music Mart" pilot is no great shakes but no worse than 80% of 1980 comedies. This is post MTM/All In Family and before Cheers. There was MASH and Taxi, although I never cottoned to the latter, and that was pretty much it.

"Lucy Moves to NBC" but judging by the ratings of this special "left no forwarding address".

Best scene: Lucy feigning shyness as Donald introduces her from the stage.

The "Music Mart" pilot is no great shakes but no worse than 80% of 1980 comedies. This is post MTM/All In Family and before Cheers. There was MASH and Taxi, although I never cottoned to the latter, and that was pretty much it.

I was never BIG on M A S H but always loved TAXI! Loved MTM, hated AITF except for Edith and absolutely LOVED Cheers. The Music Mart, who the hell would watch that every week?

Archived