Sign in to follow this  
Neil

Happy Birthday, Carole Cook!

Neil    1,299

Happy 93rd Birthday, Carole!

:lucywow: 93!!?? :vanda:

I don't wanna hear it!  

She's still sharp as a tack and looks GREAT, a FULL 20 years younger. 

JoeySoCal    1,004

Lovely to get a Carole cameo (via Sixteen Candles) on tonight's History of Comedy.

That "boobies" line kills me every time!! :HALKING:

She's gotten her boobies!!!

That's the one!! :lucythrill:

• Like 1

Luvsbway    1,966

Well that's interesting. I'm trying to plan something to get up in the late spring/ early summer to see Hello Dolly. It's a Tuesday though so don't know if this will work.

Freddie2    806

This would be absolutely lit, but I bet it’ll fill up quickly. Maybe I’ll just wait outside the stage door or something and ambush her*. Does 54 Below have a stage door? I’ve never been... From the videos I’ve seen on here of Carole at the S.T.A.G.E. Benefit, she’s incredible. Getting to see her live would certainly be a sight, because who knows how many more times she’ll do something like this? I can only hope she makes her entrance down a fire pole a la Thelma.

*Anecdotal Side Note: I was with a group of friends in NYC a couple months ago- Jackie Hoffman walked out of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (Which I had already seen previously with other people). From across the street  I yelled “Ayy Mamacita!” in a style that I usually reserve for when I’m acting like an idiot at football games. She waved. My friends didn’t know who the hell she was and I was like “What? I know her.” And we just kept walking. It was very cool. 

• Like 1

Luvsbway    1,966

If it's the last show of the night people just mill about the dining room. You could sneak yourself in then. As for shows earlier in the evening no clue on how they leave. I would think the "backstage" would somehow connect to the theatre above. I've been to 54 Below 3 times and just love the space. I like the change from the long center tables to the 4 top round ones. You don't feel as cramped.

• Like 1

Freddie2    806

I’ll just have to do some Lucy-style scheming and weasel my way in for the sake of The Cook. Maybe I’ll steal a waiter’s uniform or something...

Luvsbway    1,966

For those of you who have Sirius/XM, The On Broadway channel will have Carole on tomorrow from 9-3 EST co-hosting with Christine Pedi. I listen all day at work but never on the weekend. Might have to tune in tomorrow. 

Luvsbway    1,966

"serving old-school Arlene Dahl glamour."

That's my favorite line in this post.

Great recap and damn, shes amazing.

Neil    1,299

Carole's publicist could not have written a more glowing review.   It's wonderful.  I would love to have seen Carole face reading it.

Carole Cook, PLEASE go on FOREVER.......or at least out-live ME!

Luvsbway    1,966

Didn't get a chance to listen but Christine has been talking a bit about the hosting gig all this week on the radio. Today she mentioned that they discussed characters that you not only want to play but ones you would like to have in your life. They said everyone needs an Auntie Mame. 

HarryCarter    992
26 minutes ago, Luvsbway said:

Didn't get a chance to listen but Christine has been talking a bit about the hosting gig all this week on the radio. Today she mentioned that they discussed characters that you not only want to play but ones you would like to have in your life. They said everyone needs an Auntie Mame. 

Carole joked that her mother was like Auntie Mame... but without the money or sophistication. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Luvsbway    1,966
11 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Happy 90th birthday, Tom Troupe!

We recently got the Charles Nelson Riley one man show Life of Riley. Tom was in a celebrity packed acting class with CNR at the beginning of his career.

JoeySoCal    1,004
On 7/16/2018 at 5:57 AM, Luvsbway said:

We recently got the Charles Nelson Riley one man show Life of Riley. Tom was in a celebrity packed acting class with CNR at the beginning of his career.

You mean the documentary Shelly? Isn't it AMAZING! What a life and career Mr. Reilly had. Wow. Glad I got to see him do it live! :HALKING:

Luvsbway    1,966
9 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

You mean the documentary Shelly? Isn't it AMAZING! What a life and career Mr. Reilly had. Wow. Glad I got to see him do it live! :HALKING:

Yes, the doc. The blu ray is a 2 disk set. I haven't had time to watch any of the extras yet, but loved the show.

• Like 1