Rare Lucille Ball memorabiliato be featured in live auction

but the center continues to call their reactions "unnecessary".

As are all reactions, it seems, to some of their more... "half-baked" isn't the phrase I am looking for, but ideas that are not as well and thoroughly considered as others. lol

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't the Center say that these outfits were dupicates. And why would Lucy have two sewing kits, identical? Something is so wrong here...

Hear me now, believe me later. I am here in Jamestown. I see the day to day horsecrap happening. Something is up here.

I think Journey should move to the train station and leave Lucy alone. Lucy can stand on her own. This years logo for the festival is a microphone that doesn't even have an image of Lucy on it. SERIOUSLY. Wake up lounge. This is about Lucille Ball, not a comedy hall of fame.

I say they leave all memorablia alone in the archives. Let them sustain their own comedy if it's so great!

PS-I paid $2500.00 to belong to the acquisitions fund of the Center. When did acquistions mean selling? There are many names are on that plaque. Wyman spent the acquisitions money and now Journey is getting rid of the goods. Boy oh boy!

Is the Mame outfit a triplicate? One at the Museum, one late of Universal LA for the auction, and one remaining in Universal Orlando?

You mean the Universal Orlando tribute is still there??! How cool!! I just figured when it went away here (Hollywood), they took it down there too! Woohoo!! B)

Why, did a dome fall around her?? :lucyhorror:

I will say the center is being very responsive with the subject. Apparently the Chaplin outfit is a duplicate as well. They told me- "Often television duplicates outfits were made in case if the actor spill something, got too sweaty, etc on the costume. They could simply change and continue filming."

Really? For a special they made a dup of one outfit that she only wears for a short time. Lucy was known for wearing clothes on her shows over and over. Shouldn't we be seeing more clothes then if everything got made twice?

Oh, I'm sure those will be included in the next year's auction... :lucyeww:

I was totally shocked and disgusted to see that they're selling Lucy artifacts (they claim it's memorabilia), duplicates or no duplicates. Like Rappy, I dropped $2,500 to join the Acquisitions Society. Even if that money's gone, I certainly don't want artifacts sold....the nerve!

If they start selling the artifacts now, where will they stop? Will they sell all of the artifacts? They really need to check their records on the artifacts/memorabilia, if indeed there are any. I hope they're not planning to sell stuff that's on loan? Under what conditions were items donated to the Center? If they even have such information. I have worked in archival settings and I can tell you that archives do have standards and donors are known to put certain conditions on what they donate.

Mary Jane Fan

I wonder what would happen if some or all of us on this forum would buy the memorabilia/artifacts and donate them back to the Center? Would they try selling them again? :unsure:

Given the current climate, I think that is a recipe for disaster, sadly.

I wonder what would happen if some or all of us on this forum would buy the memorabilia/artifacts and donate them back to the Center? Would they try selling them again? :unsure:

I'd love to do that but my checkbook just laughed and said it ain't got no time fo dat. lol. I say we all boycott the auction and maybe no one will show up. Yeah...right.

I was totally shocked and disgusted to see that they're selling Lucy artifacts (they claim it's memorabilia), duplicates or no duplicates. Like Rappy, I dropped $2,500 to join the Acquisitions Society. Even if that money's gone, I certainly don't want artifacts sold....the nerve!

If they start selling the artifacts now, where will they stop? Will they sell all of the artifacts? They really need to check their records on the artifacts/memorabilia, if indeed there are any. I hope they're not planning to sell stuff that's on loan? Under what conditions were items donated to the Center? If they even have such information. I have worked in archival settings and I can tell you that archives do have standards and donors are known to put certain conditions on what they donate.

Mary Jane Fan

You had two thousand five hundred dollars to give them?????

The new comedy is all the Center cares about. They are throwing a few Lucy events into the train station to attract the crowd. By 2015, they plan on everything being the comedy hall of fame. Lucy will be in the background. The center went all winter with bare shelves in the shops. Now they stock up to draw a crowd. I am around town enough to see and hear what's going on. It sucks to watch this unravel. I thank God every day for owning Lucy's house and having full control of keeping it the way it is. I regret everything that I have done and everything I have given to the Center:( They have no respect for what is there, and worse, they don't take care of the stuff they have. Finding the original contract for Beauty for The Asking laying on shelf in a hallway with books and papers 5 years after I donated it made me sick! It wasn't even in the archives:( Sure wish someone would see the importance of this stuff.

So sad! The people running the center don't appreciate or love lucy. They care about money and the comedy hall of fame (which I think will fail miserably). Lucy will continue to disappear from center.

Imagine what the center/festival could be like of there was a real lucy fans running the show!

Brock, the acquisitions fund actually paid Jane Withers(Josephine the plumber) for a coat that she had that belonged to Lucy. Ric actually bought the coat before getting approval from the board. Everything at that place is an episode.

The coat was $1500.00. I have no clue how many folks paid $2500.00. I would have to go there and count the names.

I think Jessica should come and be the new E.D. The place would not only be preserved, but the festivals would be all LUCY related. After all, without Lucy, we don't need to be there:( Who the hell is going to the Hall of Fame, except once! Once you see it, it's done. Like every other attraction in every town. Lucy is timeless.

Brock, the acquisitions fund actually paid Jane Withers(Josephine the plumber) for a coat that she had that belonged to Lucy. Ric actually bought the coat before getting approval from the board. Everything at that place is an episode.

The coat was $1500.00. I have no clue how many folks paid $2500.00. I would have to go there and count the names.

Interesting -- but that coat so far has yet to be displayed, right?

Who the hell is going to the Hall of Fame, except once! Once you see it, it's done. Like every other attraction in every town. Lucy is timeless.

To play Devil's advocate though, if done right the Comedy Hall of Fame will bring lots of people back every year if they have, for instance, induction ceremonies each year for new inductees.

The new comedy is all the Center cares about. They are throwing a few Lucy events into the train station to attract the crowd. By 2015, they plan on everything being the comedy hall of fame. Lucy will be in the background. The center went all winter with bare shelves in the shops. Now they stock up to draw a crowd. I am around town enough to see and hear what's going on. It sucks to watch this unravel. I thank God every day for owning Lucy's house and having full control of keeping it the way it is. I regret everything that I have done and everything I have given to the Center:( They have no respect for what is there, and worse, they don't take care of the stuff they have. Finding the original contract for Beauty for The Asking laying on shelf in a hallway with books and papers 5 years after I donated it made me sick! It wasn't even in the archives:( Sure wish someone would see the importance of this stuff.

O M G why in hell don't the board of directors smarten up and GET someone who LOVES Lucy and could run the center properly, were YOU ever a candidate?

Interesting -- but that coat so far has yet to be displayed, right?

To play Devil's advocate though, if done right the Comedy Hall of Fame will bring lots of people back every year if they have, for instance, induction ceremonies each year for new inductees.

We did that HERE in Montreal for the comedy festival but you know what brings in people? A BIG STAR like this year Joan Rivers is coming back, Kathy Griffin is also here, I got tickets for both. Went to the Comedy Museum here just the one time, no LUCY in there. But I understand Lucy does not belong in a stand up comedy festival, but she sure belongs in a COMEDY museum.

Archived