Sign in to follow this  
Luvsbway

Random clippings

Luvsbway    1,966

This is such a cute story.  So she went back to Jamestown in 1945 too?  I wonder if it was a small, private visit.

2121.jpeg

Luvsbway    1,966

I thought it was such a sweet story showing how warm a person she was. She also seemed to care a lot about the fighting men.

C L A U D E    2,006

Yes, she did so much with war bond tours and all.  But if we only knew HALF the stories of the money she gave out to people in need and that sort of thing which she did all the time.

Luvsbway    1,966

In that 3 hour seminar she talked at length on lending money. She learned how to do it responsibly but you could tell she always wanted to help. She said that she only got paid back twice.

C L A U D E    2,006

Yeah, but I'm talking about the money she GAVE away, not just lending.  Like poor Barbara Pepper's medical bills for example.

leenorman    504

Thanks for all these; loved the story about the train ride; the cites have been added to the chronology; keep 'em coming!!!  JK

leenorman    504

Thanks for this addition to the chronology - all I had was the opening date; added the Addis review; and the actor who portrayed her co-star.  Love it!  JK

JoeySoCal    1,004

487.jpeg

"Plan was to show 'Lucy show' filmed at Derby"??? What's this, another "lost" episode we've never heard about before?? And filmed on location yet (at Los Feliz' Brown Derby which sadly, is no longer there either, just like the Hollywood original)???  :lucyhorror:

Brock    3,317

"Plan was to show 'Lucy show' filmed at Derby"??? What's this, another "lost" episode we've never heard about before?? And filmed on location yet (at Los Feliz' Brown Derby which sadly, is no longer there either, just like the Hollywood original)???  :lucyhorror:

Perhaps a simple screening of L.A. At Last?

• Like 1

Brock    3,317

This Kay Proctor is something of a bitch...at least on the first page. I look forward to reading Pts. 2 and 3 later tonight.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

C L A U D E    2,006

I know, but I just love doing that to her fans, LOL!  If she has any.  Notice she even got Lucy's hair from the MGM period with those huge Campbell soup cans, LOL!