Lucy Sightings!

Brock

Best Foot Forward was on TCM this morning, seeing as most of you get TCM, i was trying yet again to get a TCM thread going but i'm not allowed it seems. It's either on the calendar or on DVR alerts but TCM is not devoting enough time to Lucy gems it seems, we're not allowed to promote it in any way, Brock must have stock in a competing network. LOL!

• 1 month later...

Forgot to post Lucy was mentioned in Jeopardy a few weeks ago -- something like 'What actress wore a clamp on her nose when eating snails?' I'll bet there is a Lucy fan among the writers as she & her shows are often questions.

There was another question that I meant to ask the experts here about. The question was (something like) "Of the five largest studios in Hollywood in the 1950s, which was family owned?" I thought Desilu, but the answer was Warner Brothers. Could Desilu also have been correct? Didn't Desi close the deal in the late 50s?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge Whitney Houston fan as well, so I was watching a clip of her on The Arsenio Hall show back in the day. Arsenio asked her what the names of her dogs were and Whitney says (while smirking) "LUCY AND ETHEL" Right after she bursts out laughing. This prompts Arsenio to ask her the price of "Lucy and Ethel's" dog house, which she says is about 5-6k. She then tells him that "Lucy and Ethel" ended up tearing up thier new house! LOOOOOL

I thought that was HI-LARIOUS! Never knew Whitney named her pets after the beloved red head. RIP to them both :(((.

It starts at about about 3:17-4:06:

• Like 1

Slim pickings late night talk show wise the other night so I went with J J Abrams pushing his Star Trek movie on Jimmy Kimmell. He told a story about Lucy apologizing to Shatner and Nimoy in the Desilu commissary for not being able to do STAR TREK justice budget wise. He said he would love to see a photo of THOSE THREE together. Shatner happened to be in the audience for a later comedic BIT so he could have told us if the story was true or not.

Found another Showtune with a Lucy mention this morning while listening to Sirius On Broadway. I Want It All, from Baby.

I want it all

I want it all

I want adventure, love, career, kids large and small

I want it all

I want a quiet simple life and some glory

And Steven Spielberg filming my first story

I want to be Gloria Steinam, Janice Joplin, Annie Hall

I want to be Catherine Hepburn, Connie Chung, Madame de Stae"l

I want to be Mother Teresa, Sally Ride, Lucille Ball

I want it all

• Like 1

Found another Showtune with a Lucy mention this morning while listening to Sirius On Broadway. I Want It All, from Baby.

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

Thank God, for once, to rhyme with ALL, Lucy beat out Lauren Bacall. LOL!

I'm a huge Whitney Houston fan as well, so I was watching a clip of her on The Arsenio Hall show back in the day. Arsenio asked her what the names of her dogs were and Whitney says (while smirking) "LUCY AND ETHEL" Right after she bursts out laughing. This prompts Arsenio to ask her the price of "Lucy and Ethel's" dog house, which she says is about 5-6k. She then tells him that "Lucy and Ethel" ended up tearing up thier new house! LOOOOOL

I thought that was HI-LARIOUS! Never knew Whitney named her pets after the beloved red head. RIP to them both :(((.

It starts at about about 3:17-4:06:

OMG. I never knew, and I LOVE WHITNEY!!!!!

My friend texted me a photo of a billboard for Well's Fargo in Grand Forks using Lucy & Desi's photo on the side. It was a nice little surprise as it always is when she/they pop up unexpectedly like that. Also, there is a song by rapper, Birdman, I fcan't recall the title but, the lyric is, no joking: Lucille Ball, bitch. I love Lucy.

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

Can you share/did you catch who sang it?? :D

Well ya never know in your travels where you may stumble upon -- quite by accident, mind you -- that unique and euphonious Redhead, in the most unlikely places.....went to my local branch of the Burbank library this afternoon and just inside the side entrance in a nice, big display window was a wonderfully done "homage" to all things "Superman", ostensibly tied into the upcoming WB release featuring the evergreen hero entitled Man of Steel (can't wait to see it, too! ;)).

Anywho, much to my surprise and delight, look who was prominently featured amongst all the many incarnations of the referenced hero:

Here's a "wide" shot:

Lucy%2540Library1.JPG

And here she is, ready for her "close up"!

Lucy%2540Library2%2528close-up%2529.JPG

Well ya never know in your travels where you may stumble upon -- quite by accident, mind you -- that unique and euphonious Redhead, in the most unlikely places.....went to my local branch of the Burbank library this afternoon and just inside the side entrance in a nice, big display window was a wonderfully done "homage" to all things "Superman", ostensibly tied into the upcoming WB release featuring the evergreen hero entitled Man of Steel (can't wait to see it, too! ;)).

Anywho, much to my surprise and delight, look who was prominently featured amongst all the many incarnations of the referenced hero:

Here's a "wide" shot:

Lucy%2540Library1.JPG

And here she is, ready for her "close up"!

Lucy%2540Library2%2528close-up%2529.JPG

Aw. That's cool! Who ever thought of that was quite clever.

Funny how you sometimes get these weird FEELINGS about Lucy or anything else for that matter . . . I have been shopping in all bookstores for used books, that are therefore much cheaper as they are older and one day last week I had this feeling I should go to two Goodwill stores and check out the books, I found Lucy's LUCILLE at one store and Bart Andrews' I Love Lucy book at the other, had them both but just had to buy them again as I have never seen a Lucy book on sale for a few dollars in all the years I have been shopping for bios of the great stars.

A few people from work and I went to a local sandwich shop today for the first time and I ordered a steak wrap.

Waitress: We're all out of steak wraps.

We eventually ran a chicken around a table but, sadly, we were not serenaded with a few choruses of Baby Dear.

A few people from work and I went to a local sandwich shop today for the first time and I ordered a steak wrap.

Waitress: We're all out of steak wraps.

We eventually ran a chicken around a table but, sadly, we were not serenaded with a few choruses of Baby Dear.

Did the cheese sandwiches look like they were made of rubberÉ. See what I mean about the question markÉ.