Lucy Sightings!

Brock

A movie network i'm watching, i think it's called Movietime, is showing a movie called MURDER OF PRINCESS DIANA from 2007. One of the very first lines in the film is a woman running to a high security guy and he scolds her by saying something to the effect of . . . LIKE THAT WOMAN ON I LOVE LUCY.

• Just got a new Frank Capra biography, Lucy is mentionned only once, as having had a cameo in one of his films, or a bit part, and then she offered him a gig, i assume as director of one of her specials in '75. Wonder if it was the Dean Martin one, that would have been even better with that genius directing.

On March 12 I caught a clip of Lucy presenting an Emmy To Valerie Harper on Entertainment Tonight.

Trying for 1/2 an hour to research Valerie receiving an Emmy from Lucille mentioned above; can't find the year they both were on stage at the same time; anyone know the year? Thanks, if you can help; although I'll keep trying.

Trying for 1/2 an hour to research Valerie receiving an Emmy from Lucille mentioned above; can't find the year they both were on stage at the same time; anyone know the year? Thanks, if you can help; although I'll keep trying.

May 9th, 1971, at the 23rd annual Emmy Awards. Lucy and Jack Benny presented best supporting actor and actress to Ed Asner and Valerie Harper.

I posted the promo in Seven Brides forum.

Thanks, Will;

I'm beginning, after 5+ years of using, and relying on it, to not trust IMDb; it doesn't show, in Lucille information, her appearance at that EMMY; but, found her presenting in 1975, 5/19, as follows: (could she have presented twice to Valerie? or, is this coincidental?)

Lucille Ball is one of ten Mistresses of Ceremony at the Hollywood Palladium, LA, on CBS’ The 27th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, presenting the Best TV Actress Emmy to Valerie Harper, for her performance in Rhoda, 1974, airing this date in 1975.

This is strange; now, I'm going to go back and re-research another couple of places.....are you sure about 1971?

Thanks, though. JK

See page 307, as well; then, look at final paragraph of 23rd Emmys '71; apparently, Lucille gave an Emmy to Valerie, as supporting in 1971; and as a presenter, in 1975, for best actress, for Rhoda; in any event, that's how I read it....The 'remember me' comment occurred in 1975 ceremony

See page 307, as well; then, look at final paragraph of 23rd Emmys '71; apparently, Lucille gave an Emmy to Valerie, as supporting in 1971; and as a presenter, in 1975, for best actress, for Rhoda; in any event, that's how I read it....The 'remember me' comment occurred in 1975 ceremony

Valerie's "remember me" comment to Lucy was at the 1971 ceremony when Valerie won her first Emmy. Lucy was one of the ten women who cohosted the 1975 Emmy ceremony. I don't know if she presented Valerie with her award that year.

But she said it in the clip of the '71 ones shown here. Very confusing this thing.

Valerie's "remember me" comment to Lucy was at the 1971 ceremony when Valerie won her first Emmy. Lucy was one of the ten women who cohosted the 1975 Emmy ceremony. I don't know if she presented Valerie with her award that year.

Thanks for this, Harry; guess The Lucy Book is NOT the bible some view it; great; but, no cigar. Additionally, TLB cites it (the 1975 Emmy) as the 26th; when, in fact, it is the 27th???? correct, Harry? ...... guessing, then , that IMDb is incorrect as TLB is incorrect...SOMETIMES; and, I assume, all others.

Just trust me on this; read pp 272 and 307 TLB; and compare; it's terribly confusing; it's like he is mixing the two ceremonies together; you have to really READ it. Then, compare it to IMDb two references. You also have to wiki some of it; and of course, all are in conflict with each other.....or, I'm just nuts! And, that's not without possibility....tee hee.

In the song Somewhere That's Green from Little Shop of Horrors is the line,"between our frozen dinners and our bedtime, 9:15, we snuggle watching Lucy...". So if Little Shop is set in the 50's then they should be watching first run Lucy which was on at 9:00. So they only watched half the show?

In the song Somewhere That's Green from Little Shop of Horrors is the line,"between our frozen dinners and our bedtime, 9:15, we snuggle watching Lucy...". So if Little Shop is set in the 50's then they should be watching first run Lucy which was on at 9:00. So they only watched half the show?

Yeah, that's in the movie version too, but i loved that whispy female singer doing it on the Tonys one year. They watched ILL till they went to sleep, same as Lucy and gary did while watching Carson. I noticed in a commercial for American Idol, that Christina or somebody said of a young dark haired contestant that he reminded her of Ricky Ricardo.