Lucy A to Z -- B!

Brock

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bart Andrews:

Lucy author, The (“I Love Lucy”) Book, 1985, an expanded version of a 1976 book he co-wrote: 'Lucy & Ricky & Fred & Ethel', an early definitive appreciation of the classic sitcom, was the first to write a history of the 'Lucy' show and wrote 4 Lucy books; also worked with Arnazes friend, producer/actor, Sheldon Leonard, is born this date in 1945.

Baldwin, Peter - Actor/Director; guest, Desilu Productions', The Walter Winchell File “Exclusive Story: File #31, 1958; The Untouchables “The George 'Bugs' Moran Story”, “Ma Barker and Her Boys”, 1959; as well as Director, Life With Lucy “Lucy Is a Sax Symbol”, “Lucy Gets Her Wires Crossed”, “Lucy Makes a Hit with John Ritter”, “One Good Grandparent Deserves Another”, and “Lucy and the Guard Goose”, 1986, is born this date in 1931.

Baldwin, Peter - Actor/Director; guest, Desilu Productions', The Walter Winchell File “Exclusive Story: File #31, 1958; The Untouchables “The George 'Bugs' Moran Story”, “Ma Barker and Her Boys”, 1959; as well as Director, Life With Lucy “Lucy Is a Sax Symbol”, “Lucy Gets Her Wires Crossed”, “Lucy Makes a Hit with John Ritter”, “One Good Grandparent Deserves Another”, and “Lucy and the Guard Goose”, 1986, is born this date in 1931.

Reading this list, it's apparent Baldwin -- aside from also directing many classic TV sitcoms in his day, including fave episodes of everything from The Partridge Family to Andy Griffith to Bob Newhart to The Brady Bunch, and on and on, he directed (I know this is so subjective!) most of the "best" eps of LWL ("Wires Crossed", "John Ritter", etc.) and arguably, the absolute worst ("Goose"). What an achievement! ;):D

Bill Davenport, occasional episode writer, Lucille Ball radio show, My Favorite Husband 1948-1951; writer, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls “You're Driving Me Crazy”, 1955, The Brothers “Renting the Attic”, 1956; writer, December Bride, 5 episodes, 1956-59; writer, The Danny Thomas Show “The Honeymoon”, 1958; script consultant, Angel, 22 episodes, 1960-1; writer, Angel “The French Lesson”, 1961; as well as writer, Desilu Productions', Desilu Studios'-filmed, Mickey and the Contessa, 1963, is born this date in 1925.

Buck Houghton, Writer, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp “The Englishman”, and Producer, Desilu Productions', Wire Service, 1956; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Man With A Camera, “Two Strings of Pearls” 1958; as well as Associate Producer, Desilu Productions', Desilu Studios'-filmed, Yancy Derringer, 18 episodes, 1958-59; is born this date in 1915.

Archived